Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

Putting the new automation dll in the FSX has fixed my problems (I think).Ah well doesn't matter anyway, I still have ntdll and BEX errors

Finally it seems to work. As described here, I get an UIAutomationCore.dll from here. FSX calls this .dll from the fsx folder. Until now I did not have any crashs. Let's see how it works when all my addons are installed. Thank you all, it's a great community. :(
Can you please tell me what to do? :( i went to that site but didnt see where they did describe it :( can you copy/paste it here ? please this one is makeing me crazy B)
As far as I remember, I took the following steps. Here

Guest hefy_jefy1
Hi everyone,I think I have a solution for this. I had the same kind of problem when trying to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 on windows 7, which had a serious DLL issue preventing the game from even starting. So instead of letting NWN2 relying of the built-in Windows 7 version of this particular DLL, I just dropped its Windows Vista counterpart in the same folder as the executable, and it worked perfectly.This is what gave me the idea to try the same solution with FSX after I understood that the problem originated from FS X not coping very well with Win7. I dropped a Windows Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll in the same folder as FS X, and I couldn't crash the sim by clicking the menus like mad, no matter how hard I tried. Then I removed it, and crashed the sim in a fatal error after 20 mouse clicks on the menus. I put the Vista-version DLL back, and no more crashes.I've made a flight test between TNCM and TFFF with the Hornet that comes bundled in FS Acceleration Pack, and it still didn't crash - once again, no matter how hard I try.So if you can get your hands on a vista-version of UIAutomationCore.dll, just drop it in your FSX folder, run a cmd.exe as an administrator and while in your FSX folder, run a regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command to register the dll just to be sure, and test.It has worked for me so far. If it crashes again, I'll let you know, but I do hope I've found a quick-and-dirty-but-functional fix to this. I'll be glad to provide my configuration & system info if that helps, but I think this is what we need to eradicate those @#&! fatal errors.I wish you luck!Pierre J.
Hello Pierre,I have the same problem, (FSX Acceleration Win7 RC x64) its very annoying and I can't see MS ever fixing it so I would like to try your solution using the x64 Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll do you have the version number of the .DLL that you used? (Right click > properties)Your solution makes perfect sense, but it will be necessary to install FSX in a folder other than C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) Win 7 won't allow any messing around in those folders, you have to be an "approved" installation (.MSI) installer to change stuff in there - I bet there's probably a way to fool it but I haven't found it yet...Geoff

Guest jumpseat47

worked for me, win7 x64 rtm. was getting freezes after about 20 menu clicks before.use the link on post #36 to DL the dll. just extract the dll file to fsx main folder. I have the default fsx folder.

I've had a couple of fatal errors too and most of the times they happened when switching views in FSX but in my case the info has always looked like this...no special dll file or module referred to but always just 'Unknown'

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000Faulting process id: 0x2c4Faulting application start time: 0x01ca60103f9abe3cFaulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: b6e20b37-cc08-11de-8f2d-f04e6169796f

Do you still think it could be worth to replace that UIAutomationCore.dll file?I'm running FSX Deluxe SP2 on Win 7 x64 with a number of addons like GEX, ASA, REX etc plus some payware a/c like Flight1's Mustang and Super 80 Pro and Level-D's 767. Please let me know if you need any other details.

Richard Åsberg

I am getting the occaisional CTD when accessing menues as well. Does the 'UIAutomationCore.dll' fix work for the official Windows 7 Pro 64bit? Is it as simple as getting the .dll and dropping it in the main FSX folder?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest ronatimalala
I just had the problem again, but this time i the error was different (still happened when i in the right-click menu, though..as always)
This was the error:Problem signature:  Problem Event Name:	BEX  Application Name:	fsx.exe  Application Version:	10.0.61472.0  Application Timestamp:	475e17d3  Fault Module Name:	unknown  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000  Exception Offset:	00000000  Exception Code:	c0000005  Exception Data:	00000008  OS Version:	6.1.7077.2.0.0.256.1  Locale ID:	1033Additional information about the problem:  LCID:	1033

did you fix this problem,becuase i got the same error

Guys go into your Control Panel and search "event log" then click on View Event Logs.Once the Log viewer comes up navigate to Windows Logs > "Applications" on the left-side pane and look for an event with a Red Exclamation Mark, that has Error to the right of it. Click it, it should show an error for fsx.exe. Then look at the bottom for faulting module, etc.I bet one million dollars the faulting module is uiautomationcore.dll. So it is causing the problem like what people thought all along.Check here for more info:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=267596

Well...guess I'll just send you my account # in that case :( since the error message in my case states 'Module Unknown' and I have the very same problem, noticed one way that almost always trigger the error is to go through the various AI traffic.

Richard Åsberg

Guest heliflyr

Finally, It looks as if this is going to work. I was starting to think there was no fix for the "Fatal Error" after serching many other forums for quite some time. Like most, FSX was crashing when I went to the menu bar. From post #33, I installed the .dll (http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w) and dropped it into FSX and into Windows/system32. NOTE- I renamed the original UIAutomationCore.dll and copied it to desktop for safe keeping until I am sure this procedure fixed the problem. So far so good, no Fatal Errors yet. :( I left the FSX in it's original install location. I don't know it that helps or not but I also deleted the FSX folder under the AppData/Roming/Microsoft/FSX and let FSX genetate a new one. If I get a fatal error later on, then I'll try installing FSX in it's own file. THX Pierre J. and everyone else who have help to solve this issue.FloydIntel Core i7 950 (3.07GHz)Windows 7 Home Premium 64bitASUS Deluxe V26GB RamGeForce GTX285 (vr. 191.07)2x WD 320G SATA Raid 0

Guest ronatimalala
After rebooting my system, FSX still crashes when using the menus at about 20 times. But this is new: Nothing about the UIAutomationCore.dll rather an unknown error. I think it's time to go back to Vista :( Datum‎01.‎07.‎2009 20:25StatusReport sentBeschreibungPfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeProblemsignaturProblemereignisame: BEXAnwendungsname: fsx.exeAnwendungsversion: 10.0.61472.0Anwendungszeitstempel: 475e17d3Fehlermodulname: unknownFehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000Ausnahmeoffset: 196703f0Ausnahmecode: c0000005Ausnahmedaten: 00000008Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1Gebietsschema-ID: 1031Weitere Informationen

Guest ronatimalala
Did you solve your problem,i got the same error,please help...thanks

Guys go into your Control Panel and search "event log" then click on View Event Logs.Once the Log viewer comes up navigate to Windows Logs > "Applications" on the left-side pane and look for an event with a Red Exclamation Mark, that has Error to the right of it. Click it, it should show an error for fsx.exe. Then look at the bottom for faulting module, etc.I bet one million dollars the faulting module is uiautomationcore.dll. So it is causing the problem like what people thought all along.Check here for more info:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=267596-------EDIT: Fixed the problem by downloading the dll from the forum above, doing all the steps in the link above, then I replaced the downloaded DLL in C:\Windows\SysWOW64SYSWOW64 stands for Windows On Windows 64-bit, which is used for 32-bit apps. FSX is a 32 bit app. There ya go :(

gman!, almost sounds too good to be true if the Fatal Error problem with FSX in Windows 7 is actually solved but one thing I still wonder is if replacing this uiautomation.dll file also solves the Fatal Errors where the module is said to be 'Unknown'?Personally I suffered from this problem since starting to use FSX on the Windows 7 x64 platform but I never saw the dll file in any error messages but in my case the module has always been 'Unknown'.Also I did follow the link you're referring to but need to go there again when I have more time considering the HUGE length of one of those threads over at MS but is there any chance you could just in a few words describe what you did to fix the problem other than replacing this dll file?TIA and I'm very happy for you solving the problem!!

Richard Åsberg

OK, I now replaced the uiautomationcore.dll file with the one suggested in this thread and might be to soon to tell for sure but so far no more fatal errors and for anyone else suffering from these fatal errors I also want to point out that I never had any references to this dll file in my error messages but the module was always 'Unknown' but still replacing the dll file seem to have solved the problem and no one would be more happy than me if that is the case!! Will continue to do more flying and see...

Richard Åsberg