What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Pisa X San Giusto Airport 20% OFF for 24h at SimPlanet
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- job for developers
- Saitek Radio & Multi panel
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- MSI N550GTX-TI
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
. . .
How to Update the Default FSX Navaid Database?
2 replies to this topic
Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:14 PM
Is it possible, without a bunch of tweaking config files, etc., to update the default FSX navaid database? It's VERY frustrating to try and plan a flight (I'm using the REX flight planner, which polls the FSX navaid database), and intersections don't show up. I've been using VasFMC as a quick work-around, but I can't use Radar Contact or VoxATC with the default database because it's missing so many intersections, etc. Any ideas? Thanks much!Paul
Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:57 PM
The short answer is no, we cannot update the FSX Navaid Database.The long answer is yes, it could be done but would involve several hundred man/years to do so manually, since the database is scattered among hundreds of files...
AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz