•  

AVSIM NOTAM

Planning in progress for 2nd Annual Tom Allensworth Memorial Flight.  Seeking volunteers to help plan and coordinate and calling all simmers around the world to join in on a fly-in event with your fellow community members.  Please head over to this forum post for more details.

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. Please help us keep it that way and donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time.

Donation Statistics

Total Donation Amount - $306.74
Total Fees - $18.26
Total Goal Amount - $3,000.00

Still Needed - $2,675.00

Photo
- - - - -

How to Update the Default FSX Navaid Database?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paulbakeman

paulbakeman

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Is it possible, without a bunch of tweaking config files, etc., to update the default FSX navaid database? It's VERY frustrating to try and plan a flight (I'm using the REX flight planner, which polls the FSX navaid database), and intersections don't show up. I've been using VasFMC as a quick work-around, but I can't use Radar Contact or VoxATC with the default database because it's missing so many intersections, etc. Any ideas? Thanks much!Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 13,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

The short answer is no, we cannot update the FSX Navaid Database.The long answer is yes, it could be done but would involve several hundred man/years to do so manually, since the database is scattered among hundreds of files... :(

Fr. Bill     donar.png

Global Moderator

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

I've made it a practice to "learn at least one new thing everyday." While this has served me well, I've noticed over the past few years that I tend to "forget at least three things I used to know" everyday...  :Cry:

avsim_logo_small-100x50.png

#3 paulbakeman

paulbakeman

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that was going to be the answer!Paul