Sign in to follow this  
gman!

Tried Tileproxy Yesterday

thanks Mark,I have not had time in the last few days to mess with this anymore but I'm going to try this afternoon. If you can post your files I'll see what I can get. I'm going to continue tweaking what I have now and see if I can get it any better in the meantime.Brandon

Hi John, I use NickN's settings for enhancer, not the Nvidia controla panel. I adjusted the FFTF setting upwards and hey presto, problem is gone, I can now get 150 kts flights, no ovals unloading and super crisp scenery. :( :( :( B) B) Needless to say, I am very happy !! Thanks for the tips!To Brandon, alll I can say, is that it has just taken me about 3 or 4 weeks of continual tweaking and testing to find the right settings for my system. If you look at the two threads of mine in the tile proxy forum, you will get some usefull tips. Loyds suggested level mapping settings seemed to induce a stutter, when I tuned in the FFTF , so I am using Johns' suggested settings, with the 5;s at the start ( I think you are using the same ). The problem is that allthe settings are interdependant and with so many variables, its easy to miss the golden combination. Why dont you try copying my FSX .cfg and TP .ini file settings EXACTLY and see what happens. Important settings are:max texture loadTBMFFTFLod radiustexture resolutionAffinity maskI am at work now, but when I get home I will post my complete .cfg and .ini files for you, check every setting and then try. Thanks G-man, thanks John, I think I need to now actually do some flying, as I have been obsessively Tweaking for weeks now!!Cheers,Mark

I recently found a trick with tileproxy when I mistakenly refreshed the scenery. If you close tileproxy while flying, then refresh the Scenery Library while flying (ALT > World > Scenery Library) and hit "OK", the scenery will revert back to default without any restart. Great for those day to dusk flights. If you open tileproxy with default scenery and go to the Scenery Library and hit "OK" your scenery will go to Tileproxy. This also applies for the main menu!! Happy Holidays and safe flights!

Guest chrgr

Hi guys,first of all thanks for all the info, the FS experience improved dramatically :)While reading through the posts, I do have a question on TP cashing scenery. I spend some hours flying around yesterday and the scenery loaded in high detail :) but when I started FSX again later most of the high detail scenery that was loaded previously was gone. Some parts of the scenery were ok, but other not. After spending some hours loading scenery again (flying all over), next time I started FS most of parts of the scenery were gone again

Hi guys,first of all thanks for all the info, the FS experience improved dramatically :)While reading through the posts, I do have a question on TP cashing scenery. I spend some hours flying around yesterday and the scenery loaded in high detail :) but when I started FSX again later most of the high detail scenery that was loaded previously was gone. Some parts of the scenery were ok, but other not. After spending some hours loading scenery again (flying all over), next time I started FS most of parts of the scenery were gone again

Guest tansut

a queston about TP.I haven't tried it yet, but I checked out the screen captures, etc. The question I have is that as I see in the pictures, the scenery looks like it is in google maps. And we know that these satellite pics are taken in the past a certain date. For example, when I check my local town, the picture is like 6 months old. In FSX, how does the game update these satellite pictures depending on the time of the date. I mean, obviously, the scenery will not look like it is at noon during dusk or down. Also, how do the direction of sun updated on the tiles. Thanks a lot in advance.

I hope this is the right forum. Well, yesterday I tried tileproxy for FSX after a long time of wondering how it would be, and the install press was pretty easy with the tutorial, (http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/), and the setup is very easy because it is an installer, and you can configure if you want any modifications to cfgs or if you want certain options for tileproxy. The only thing that was difficult to setup was probably the proxyuser.inf file because the author can't put the URLs in. The first time I booted up tileproxy and tookoff I was amazed. I had the scenery at 30cm per pixel and it was sharp and I could see all the real buildings in real life, and with FiOS at 15mbps down/2mbps up it was very smooth! The only thing I was dissapointed about was the lack of generic autogen, but all the custom autogen in cities such as skyscrapers and others were still there, and even some small buildings. If you like flying VFR or even at high altitudes this is for you it will take you to FS nirvana. Even @ 1.1m per pixel tileproxy looks VERY good. Here are some screenshots from the tutorial website of 30cm textures: http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/misc/fresno_hires.htm. The cool thing about tileproxy is all the traffic that you have on roads will still be there when you fly, and because of the lack of autogen you get WAY better framerates meaning you can turn up traffic or other settings. The water is also very realistic and if you set water smoothing to the right setting you will get beautiful, BEAUTIFUL realistic coral reefs! Some tips for Tileproxy*I know this sounds like a horrible idea, but the loading algorithm of tileproxy is different than normal fsx scenery, so set the maximum LOD to medium or low for me Tileproxy renders the outer rings of scenery first if its on high so the terrain near me is very blurry, Low Level of Detail Radius updates much faster*Make sure your TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is NOT at 400, this can reduce performance, and I don't think any card for the next few years will have enough bandwidth for setting it at 400*I found the best map for me was Microsoft Virtual Earth. Virtual Earths textures are vivid and clear, yahoo's are pretty dull. Make sure that in your "[service Example 1]" Line you have "color_hack=No" if you want to use Virtual Earth. I find the colors much better without it. Almost forgot. If you install Tileproxy, nothing will be overridden unless you chose the option to fix the fsx.cfg and a few terrain.cfg entries, but both files will be backed up. If you want to keep tileproxy but not use all you have to do is start up FSX WITHOUT tileproxy running and everything will be normal :). If you want to use tileproxy then just start tileproxy. No messing with the scenery library, or uninstall tileproxy!

In FSX, how does the game update these satellite pictures depending on the time of the date. I mean, obviously, the scenery will not look like it is at noon during dusk or down. Also, how do the direction of sun updated on the tiles.
There is NO updating after the original images are downloaded. FSX can place shadows on objects and terrain depending on the time of day but the imagery is whatever it is. Further, just changing services and going back to the same area with the same settings changes nothing. The only way to make changes is to delete the some of the old imagery and scenery and "rebuild" a particular area. Some areas are stunningly beautiful, and other areas have very poor coverage. Most of the world is still low resolution and only suitable for flying over at higher altitudes. Autogen scenery is blocked but you do get used to not having all the trees and buildings. Road traffic and scenery objects do display.Loyd

I was following this thread, as i've just set up Tileproxy.. Using most of your settings in fact gman.. great tweaks..However, i cant get the virtual earth service to work.. i get http response 400's scrolling as a flight is loaded.. the loading terrain data sticks at 34% forever, i waited 30 min, but it didnt budge.. I have a solid 50Mbit down and 4 up connection here as well.The yahoo one works ok, but the colors seem off to me.. was hoping bing/virtual earth would work, as i've compared them and bing is much better and clearer from the samples i looked at.Any thoughts on this?**I should mention, i have mine set to 30cm as of now though, not sure if this matters with virtual earth (the test area is denver colorado).. i have the radius set to the normal setting in tileproxy.*Also, i thought it was possible for REX/FEX water textures to overlay ontop of the satellite imagery via a setting.. i havent figured out how this is as of yet.. is this true that it can be done? (would allow for water animations etc).Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi Buddy, for a start, dont set the resolution at 30cm, the files generated will be massive and there is only very small select areas in the USA ( parts of certain cities) that have that res images available. The best res to set to is 1m, Lod15 in the ini. Try that and you will get much better performance. And head over to the tile proxy forum for more in depth help. Be prepared to do a lot of reading and a lot of adjusting until you get it right. The result will be worth it though...Cheers, Mark