Sign in to follow this  
jimble

World of AI

Is RC compatible with World of AI. I have interact with AI checked, and have rebuilt scenery database several times but still get told to line up and wait when aircraft are landing on the same runway. Also, tonight i was landing in Venice 4R and just before touchdown a plane came trundling onto the same runway despite my being cleared to land, and forcing a go around. Anyone using World of AI and RC without problems? Thank you.

Is RC compatible with World of AI. I have interact with AI checked, and have rebuilt scenery database several times but still get told to line up and wait when aircraft are landing on the same runway. Also, tonight i was landing in Venice 4R and just before touchdown a plane came trundling onto the same runway despite my being cleared to land, and forcing a go around. Anyone using World of AI and RC without problems? Thank you.
World of AI is no different in this respect to any traffic add-on which increases the traffic density. There's not a lot RC can do about it directly as it has enough to do already, but there is an add-on freeware program called "AIsmooth" which does a reasonable (not foolproof) job. It works with FS9 and FSX:http://www.flightsimworld.com/downloads/viewfile/557.htmlRegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

what version of makerwys.exe is in the root directory of fs?if it isn't the current version, download, and install the current version. links are pinned to the top of the forumif that doesn't help, then make a log, details pinned to the top of the forum, and send me the log, zipped up. include details of the call sign of the ai that did something naughty, and what he did, and why he shouldn't have done it. i can tell you what the issue is, on your machine.make sure you click debug, before loading your .plnjd

There is a later version of AI Smooth with files dated 10-28-06. The version number is incorrect if looking at properties. The zip file is:Name: aismv120.zip Size: 739,297 Date: 11-04-2006 Downloads: 3,032FSX AISmooth v1.20. An AI traffic manager with optional voice output. AISmooth will reduce the number of go-arounds of AI traffic at your airport drastically. By Michael Sagner.from flightsim.com, and is also on AVSIM.com. It works in both FSX and FS9 ( I have it installed using FS9), and the archive contains a manual.I got my version from the author's site which is not always available:http://www.sg-flightware.de/ and the file dates all match.As always be sure your FSUIPC is up to date as well as Makerwys from the links at the forum top. FSUIPC provides the runway incursion protection and as a component of the RC scenery rebuild makerwys provides accurate location of runways, taxiways, etc. derived from your scenery so it aids in the location of your aircraft with respect to the protections on final and locating aircraft on final in reference to your position in the take-off queue.AI Smooth can be used to separate aircraft on final according to your settings by putting them in hold positions. This has the added effect of reducing the AI stacking in the take-off queue, especially during the rush of AI taxiing and queuing, and the clumping of AI arrivals when you first activate a flight, a known "feature" of both FSs because of the catch-up window FS allows for AI schedules not on time.AI Smooth also has a setting called User Plane Response that supposed to protect your aircraft on final. I do not have it enabled as it possibly could interfere with RC's control of AI while you are on final. In an earlier version it also would not let AI land if you were anywhere near the active runway so enable it with caution. When I was "traffic spotting" parked to the side of a runway to observe AI none landed. I do not recommend enabling User Plane Response.