•  

AVSIM NOTAM

Planning in progress for 2nd Annual Tom Allensworth Memorial Flight.  Seeking volunteers to help plan and coordinate and calling all simmers around the world to join in on a fly-in event with your fellow community members.  Please head over to this forum post for more details.

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. Please help us keep it that way and donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time.

Donation Statistics

Total Donation Amount - $411.18
Total Fees - $23.82
Total Goal Amount - $3,000.00

Still Needed - $2,565.00

Photo
- - - - -

Where is FSX.CFG file in Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Ogden

Philip Ogden

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

I've been using Windows 7 for about a fortnight now and am very pleased with it especially with FSX. It seems to fly that bit smoother with the graphics a liitle crisper though to be fair I did get good results on XP. I have just downloaded REX weather expansion which requires me to navigate to the FSX.CFG folder to install but I cannot find it. probably me being thick but I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Jas451

Jas451

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

It's under C: Users-(your name)- AppData-Roaming-Microsoft-FSX. Be sure to uncheck hidden files and folders under folder option view

#3 Philip Ogden

Philip Ogden

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

It's under C: Users-(your name)- AppData-Roaming-Microsoft-FSX. Be sure to uncheck hidden files and folders under folder option view

Thanks for that.

#4 gman!

gman!

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there. :(

See You In The Skies...
gman!

"Impossible things are simply those which so far have never been done." - Elbert Hubbard

#5 Philip Ogden

Philip Ogden

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there. :(

Had a chance to run REX today, works brilliantly even though I was quite happy with FSX before. Thanks for your help.