What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Where is FSX.CFG file in Windows 7?
4 replies to this topic
Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:36 AM
I've been using Windows 7 for about a fortnight now and am very pleased with it especially with FSX. It seems to fly that bit smoother with the graphics a liitle crisper though to be fair I did get good results on XP. I have just downloaded REX weather expansion which requires me to navigate to the FSX.CFG folder to install but I cannot find it. probably me being thick but I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:33 PM
Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there.
See You In The Skies...
"Impossible things are simply those which so far have never been done." - Elbert Hubbard
Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:07 PM
Had a chance to run REX today, works brilliantly even though I was quite happy with FSX before. Thanks for your help.
Easy way to access without hiding folders is to type this in the address bar:%appdata%\Microsoft\FSXAfter you hit enter, you will see fsx.cfg in there. http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...