What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- Saitek Radio & Multi panel
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- MSI N550GTX-TI
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
. . .
FSX and DirectX 11
7 replies to this topic
Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:43 AM
What is the error you are seeing exactly?FSX is a DX9 program (by default), and should not be affected whatsoever by the fact that W7 has DX11 support. For the vast majority of users, FSX & W7 "just worked" right out of the box. Do provide more details on the error, your system specs, and any other pertinent information and perhaps we can lend more of a hand!-Greg
Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:30 PM
The error reads:" Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX."System: MSI 7350 w/ Intel Quad 4 firstname.lastname@example.org g. nVidia 9600 512 RAM. Windows 7 Professional 32 ( couldn't install 64) Lots of storage. I guess my question is what happens if I try to install another version of DirectX as opposed to the version that came with Windows 7 ( DirectX 11)? Or, if anyone else has run into this error and how to deal with it.Thanks.
Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:12 PM
Thank you, I actually did do that, and it did solve the problem. What apparently happens is that Windows 7 will switch to whatever version is required by a particular program and then switch back to DirectX11. The error message and failure to load threw me as I had seen nothing to this effect.Ed Green
Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:08 AM
For me also the same problem. My fsx does not work . Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX.I dont know which directx to download. I downloaded directx 9 but still its not working on my xp computer.
Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:24 AM
Try this DirectX 9 linkhttp://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35I got it from this link. You might want to read throught the whole Win7 tweaking thread.http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187