Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

G2D.Dll Error

Hi again.Well, it just happened again, and this time I was running in 1280x1024 size. But this seems to have made no difference at all. And I was flying at night, not day time.The error message it just gave me was the followingAppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: g2d.dllModVer: 9.1.0.40901 Offset: 000a46f5If anyone has had the g2d.dll error and managed to fix it, could you please post in here what you did. It would also be very useful to know what caused your error in the first place.Thanks for any help.

Strange how it has started to happen when I haven't really changed anything except add REX, but that was ages ago. and I use the smaller size clouds and selected DXT3 too.
Ya, this started happening to me as well. Never, ever I had a g2d.dll error before and in the end I came to the conclusion that the only things that was changed was - adding REX... now, before accusing anybody of anything, more testing needs to be done. It could well be just one rogue texture that spoils the game.... had a loooong flight from Dubai to JFK yesterday and right on approach to 13L, a few miles before the turn to CRI VOR, suddenly all clouds disappeared and poof! a g2d.dll error. I was so disgusted that I went, resaved ALL clouds textures that REX made for me (in the main Texture folder) and restarted the flight. Went without a hitch...Bottom line is that this error creeps up once in a while and I simply cannot reproduce it. When I then re-save all clouds textures in FSImagetool, repeat the flight and all is well. Without exception!As I said, more testing is needed, because it could well be something entirely else than REX (which is more than fantastic!), but so far, events point into that direction.My 0.02

Hi.Well, I am going to try a couple of other things now.1) I am going to install and run Memtest and see what it comes up with.2) I am going to pull out one of the two RAM sticks and see what happens, then repeat the test with the other stick etc.I can't think of anything else now.Talking with someone today, and describing what problems I have had such as the g2d.dll, and the odd blue screen of death etc he seems to think that this could all be a sign of bad RAM.If anyone has any tips on how to understand the results of the Memtest I would be most gratefull.

Hi.Thanks Gus.Does anyone have some understanding of Memtest that they could share with me please.I have never used it before and would appreciate knowing what I am looking for when I run it and get the results.Thanks in advance for any help.