Sign in to follow this  
Bill_KA350

Here's the "apparent" fix to fsx crashing (Win 7 x64)

Hi!  I just wanted to say that I just installed FSX on my most recent computer, and looked this up again so I could fix the ctd error.  Your fix is still helping people after all this time!

Same requirement if we have Windows 10 Anni we must put the UIAutomationcore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 in the FSX program folder (where we see fsx.exe). With FSX:SE they supply a compatible version of UIAutomationcore.dll with their package, it carries the same compatible routines as the v6.0.5840.16386 version we use with FSX boxed. P3D unaffected.

Steam version is v6.0.6001.18000. The CDT can reliably be reproduced by removing the dll (or renaming) going to the 2D screen in say the B58 changing date time in the ALT menu and then hovering over items to pop up the tip text. Should get a CTD within a few minutes.

If we don't have the dll in the FSX folder the system version is loaded by FSX from the Windows folder - don't alter or change that one.

If still experiencing CTDs after the UIAutomationcore fix, check the version you have is correct and leave it there, look elsewhere for the cause of CTD.

Here's a link to the file: UIAutomationCore.dll v6.0.5840.16386

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I can also confirm that your fix about the dll is working in FSX SE, the fix help me with the box FSX 10 years ago, same fault. Is still working fix :)

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.