Sign in to follow this  
JakeRogers

Multi Player Missions

I've written several single user missions and would like to move up to Multi Player missions. I haven't been able to find any sources of information as to "How to" on this subject. Any advise or reference are greatly appreciated.Jake

I've written several single user missions and would like to move up to Multi Player missions. I haven't been able to find any sources of information as to "How to" on this subject. Any advise or reference are greatly appreciated.Jake
Hi Jake,It's easy. Two-step process:
  1. In ScenarioMetadata, set the IsMultiPlayer property to True.
  2. Then, in your mission design, include a Player object for each player (for example, if you are creating a mission for 4 people to have a race, then you need 4 player objects. If you are creating a mission for 8 people to have a race, then you need 8 player objects).

That's pretty much it.If you have questions, there's a whole group of mission designers here who can provide answers. You can also look at their code, help beta test their missions, and download hundreds of free missions:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comCheers,

Hi Jake,It's easy. Two-step process:
  1. In ScenarioMetadata, set the IsMultiPlayer property to True.
  2. Then, in your mission design, include a Player object for each player (for example, if you are creating a mission for 4 people to have a race, then you need 4 player objects. If you are creating a mission for 8 people to have a race, then you need 8 player objects).

That's pretty much it.If you have questions, there's a whole group of mission designers here who can provide answers. You can also look at their code, help beta test their missions, and download hundreds of free missions:http://www.flightsim...orxmissions.comCheers,

Hi, I am new to this and tried to design a mission. So far, as a single player mission it worked quite well. The problems came up, when i made a multiplayer mission out of it. I followed your description above. Wheni started FSX again and logged in to gamespy i wanted to host a session.The following error message came up:invalid argument detected (or something like this. I got that message in german, so please excuse a possible bad translation)I am able to host a session than, but unfortunately no free flight session anymore. Just missions.Does anybody know, how i can get that possibility back without re-installing fsx?Thank you in advance for your helpJ.B.Wings