Sign in to follow this  
idahosurge

MD11F Aft Cargo Door

Under the short cut menu in the FMC there is an aft cargo door, what is it for, on all of my MD11F cargo planes pressing this button does not open any cargo door.As I recall in the passenger MD11 there is also one cargo door button that does not open any cargo doors.Regards,Rod Storer

Under the short cut menu in the FMC there is an aft cargo door, what is it for, on all of my MD11F cargo planes pressing this button does not open any cargo door.As I recall in the passenger MD11 there is also one cargo door button that does not open any cargo doors.Regards,Rod Storer
Rod, did you check the port side of your aircraft at the far back? There's a bulk cargo compartment back there...Cheers,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus,There are four cargo doors in the FMS short cut menu: upper, front, center and aft. Only three open: upper is behind the pilot on the upper part of the plane, front is behind the co-pilot on the lower part of the plane and center is behind the co-pilot, lower part of the plane all the way in the back. I would call the center the aft, but the aft does not open anything. I have looked all around the plane numerous times and only three cargo doors open even thought you switch all four to open in the FMS.Rod Storer

Never Mind!You were right Markus, that aft door back there is so small I never noticed it before.Problem Solved!Rod Storer

The small door is for a bulk compartment. A belt loader is normally used to load or unload cargo. No pallets can be used nor containers. Sometimes a lower deck loader can be used to handle heavy items such as spare parts including tire and wheel assemblies or brake sections.CHEERS,Robert Morono