Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

DC3 for FSX

Bill,Can you inform us of the progress of the pukka FSX version please? My debit card awaits :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

From the MAAM-SIM FSX Assembly Line : If you listen carefully you might be able to hear the clinks and clunks of various tongs, pincers, nippers and pliers falling onto the concrete floor and, most frequently, the popping sound of a rivetgun. Yes, there's a LOT of work going on inside that brand new building at the virtual MAAM-SIM premises. Actually just as much as in the RW MAAM hangar. The only difference is that in the virtual counterpart it's only ONE pair of hands doing all the work, actually only one, RIGHT hand and index finger... the hand and index finger that controls 'the mouse', a very important piece of equippement that puts all the external and internal components of the virtual MAAM aircraft together. If you *look* carefully enough you might be able to see a dismantled B-25 and TBM/TBF and, yes, also an R4D, DC-3 and C-47 standing in a corner of that brand new virtual building, waiting patiently to be completely worked-over for native FSX use. The waiting, actually, is for the first native FSX prototype to roll off of the new MAAM-SIM FSX assembly line. While work on this prototype is still very much in progress the distinguished lines of a NAF N3N 'Yellow Peril' can clearly be seen.The N3N is a testbed to research the plethora of new possibillities that native FSX design provides for. And not only that of course, at the same time the N3N will be a lovely addition to our MAAM-SIM aircraft collection. We did not have a biplane yet and the fact that it can be flown as a land plane and as a floatplane as well makes it particularly interesting. Once the N3N is outthere, roaming the beautiful skies and seas of FSX, 'The Last Of The Many' , the dismantled MAAM-SIM FS9 DC-3 will fill its spot on the native FSX assembly line for a thorough overhaul comprising all the fancy FSX goodies and more. 'More' meaning not only much better looking textures including all the new FSX material possibillities but also the external and internal models will be significantly upgraded, all VC instruments will be of the 3D type making for extra smooth needle updates, as well as as much realistic engines and systems operation simulations as FSX will allow us to put in. I.e. you'd better treat your new native FSX R4D/DC-3/C-47 right or you'll be in serious trouble. But first the N3N ! The Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 'Yellow Peril' to be exact. You can read all about it here : http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=290097Hope with this i have givin you enough insight at what's going inside the new MAAM-SIM native FSX hangar. Btw, between us, there's a closed door to a seperate area of this new FSX hangar. No idea what's going on behind it, all i know is that there's always a lot of clinks and clunks that can be heard from behind it as well .... Obviously a lot of work is going on behind that " DO NOT ENTER! " door... Of course i'll keep a close look at it, as soon as i know more i'll let you know. :( Cheers,Jan

Jan

Can never have too many DC-3s. So this and the other one which is on the way for FSX are both good news for me.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can never have too many DC-3s. So this and the other one which is on the way for FSX are both good news for me.Al
just found out that just flight is coming out with a detailed dc3....was wondering if you will still realize your project..?

just found out that just flight is coming out with a detailed dc3....was wondering if you will still realize your project..?
O ye of little faith.....Nothing Just Flight produces will be at the level that MAAM-Sim will achieve!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

O ye of little faith.....Nothing Just Flight produces will be at the level that MAAM-Sim will achieve!
aw shucks....of course you're right...just hope i'm still alive :(

Well MAAMsim, since the 11th of July I have been waiting for your answer. Sadly, you have chosen to ignore my question. I am thoroughly disappointed with you, I thought you was more respectable than that. Seems I was mistaken eh? :( You will find that, if you ignore the people that support you, they will ignore you too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well MAAMsim, since the 11th of July I have been waiting for your answer. Sadly, you have chosen to ignore my question. I am thoroughly disappointed with you, I thought you was more respectable than that. Seems I was mistaken eh? :( You will find that, if you ignore the people that support you, they will ignore you too.
You're right, and I apologize. I don't have a good answer for you, though. We are working on the N3N project and a couple others at the moment. We certainly hope to go ahead with the FSX DC-3 project, but that is still a ways down the road.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

n3n?.......hmmmmmm.....i don't notice my blood rushing and my heart pumping :)...now take the dc-3!!..,... it was such a milestone in fs9 at the time, and the most identifying addon, giving so much more credibility to the flightsim....an icon to be remembered in the future,.....but......i guess the flame has run out of gas until it can be rekindled again...............thanks for the fs9 upgrade though......one of your loyal romantics......

Well at the moment all Just Flight needs to do to match my MAAM-Sim DC3 is provide cockpit controls that actually work...Holdit

Just my whish to have a most realistic DC3 would be if something like A2A's Acusim pack was availab le for a DC3oh sweet joy would that be to fly?
When we finally release it, we'll be looking to at least match A2A's wonderful Acusim packages.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

When we finally release it, we'll be looking to at least match A2A's wonderful Acusim packages.
When you release Bill, I will be one of the first buyers! :(

Dave Taylor gb.png