What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
while I'm at it.....
3 replies to this topic
Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:15 PM
Another problem - Several, not all of the helicopter missions will load initially but when I click fly - the mission starts as a flight with no instructions etc. If I hit ESC, I get the usual End Flight screen as opposed to the End Mission screen. ALL the aircraft flights worek fine just a few of the helo missions.Strange - Vic
Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:34 PM
Is this a problem with your rotorcraft's cfg file? If the Mission's .FLT file specifies a Texture name that doesn't correspond exactly to that in your rotorcraft's cfg - because you've added a new paint job, or similar - then the mission engine won't work properly and reverts to 'Free Flight'.Of course, it could be something else, too!Cheers - Dai.
Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:05 PM
Thanx Dai - you've given me something to look for. I'm not familiar with how the mission engine works so I was at a loss as to where to look.So you're sayinhg that if the mission calls for a specific texture or somehting else that is not available, rather than generate an error, it will just load the flight file. I've seen aircraft initialization errors on some custom missions with specific aircraft but I'm assuming this is somehting different.Thanx again - I'll dig through the cfg files and see if anything has changed.Since I wasn't flying helo's much I Used a 3rd party application to remove them from the list and later restored them. Possibly somethng to do with that.Vic
Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:18 PM
update - I have a second system set up with FSX installed - tried the missions - all worked. So I copied the EH101 folder from there to the system that won't run the mission - still didn't work. So I copied the entire mission folder from the 'good' machine to the 'no' machine - mission still will not load.What would cause a mission not to load?Vic