Sign in to follow this  
DSU_pilot

Microsoft 7 issues

Hello everyone. I'm in the planning mode of building a monster computer to run FSX with lots of add-ons. Some key specs include an i7 950, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 580, etc... I plan on running REX, Ultimate traffic 2, and of course all the favorite payware planes like PMDG's 747 and Level-D's 767, and the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang. I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!

Hello everyone. I'm in the planning mode of building a monster computer to run FSX with lots of add-ons. Some key specs include an i7 950, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 580, etc... I plan on running REX, Ultimate traffic 2, and of course all the favorite payware planes like PMDG's 747 and Level-D's 767, and the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang. I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
Hello,I am personally under Windows 7 64 bits and it works well, I only have sometime crash due to graphics (driver, or cards too charged)You have to check the compatibility with each addon and install everything with admin right to prevent any CTD.good luck!

Guest firehawk44
I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
What issues? You need to be more specific. There has never been any compatibility issues with Windows 7. Yes, people have crashes just like they had with older os's but that does not indicate a compatibility problem. You are always going to have crashes. If you check out the AVSIM Windows 7 forum you'll find much discussion about the new OS and there is only one known issue with adding scenery to the Scenery Library but that is it. There is a fix for that on the Windows 7 forum. FSX works great with Windows 7. BTW, you can purchase FSX for less than $30 today so trying it out will not necessarily destroy your savings account. I do not know about this issue brought up by jahman about crashes being caused with the UAC turned on. The UAC and any anti-virus program can create an issue with any software installation as both are looking for attempts to hack into your system or download a virus. Some people have had success turning these programs off whenever installing new software but most people who have installed FSX have not had any problems with UAC or an anti-virus program turned on. Best regards,Jim

My experience with Win7(64)Add-ons:I had two 64bit Win7 machines here recently. Both showed problems with various add-on aircraft. These add-on aircraft work perfectly on 32 bit machines here.I now only have one 64 bit machine here, but the same issues arose on both 64 bit machines, and I have seen on UTUBE and read in forums about the same problems arising elsewhere. None the less I’ve pulled it apart and installed everything but no change. Everything else on the PC is fine.There are no problems in any MS original aircraft. The add-ons in question do things like make sounds before or after the sim is paused, which seems to indicate the simconnect events are not being recognised correctly. I do have some add-on aircraft that work perfectly, also with extra sounds. Other problems found are not sound related but simconnect event related, setting fuel systems for example.I have more add-ons that do not work properly than I have add-ons that work perfectly, on the 64 bit os.So far I've had no answers to solving the issues with addons on the 64 bit os, 32 bit still perfect. I have to conclude that the software or the libraries used has problems on wow64.I hope that there is instead another reason for this behaviour and someone knows how to solve it.Best regards;Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com