Sign in to follow this  
Redtail58554

Looking to purchase new laptop and need advice

Hello all,I am looking at buying a Toshiba Satellite notebook and want to know if I can fly FSX:Acceleration or not. SPECS:Intel® Core™ i32.4GHz4GB RAM-expandable to 8 GB DDR3Mobile Intel® HD graphics64-1696MB (shared)Other option is AMD Turion™ II2.4GHzSame amount of RAMATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250256-1789MB (dynamically allocated shared)Both are running W7 64bitI have heard things about the mobility Radeon HD 4250 not playing FSX the best but have heard nothing on the first computer's specs. These are the only two that are really in my budget so getting something else is really not much of option. If you can find something for $600 or under let me know.Thanks guys.Matt

Guest chris493

Any chance of a desktop? Haha. I don't think you will get much for $600. Try dell, cyberpower or ibuypower. They all often have deals on.

From what I have read the ATI cards have some issues with AA working properly.. I have never tried this, but I am worried that 2.4GHz is a bit too slow to run FSX at any acceptable levels. Maybe with all sliders to the left and no big add ons (aircraft or sceneries) it might run ok.. I'll let others give their opinions on this though.

Guest chris493

I looked at some dells. You can get a dell inspiron 15R, with i3 2.4Ghz, 4GB 1333Mhz Dual channel, ATI 5550 graphics, 500Gb HD, all for a tad over $600. Even with this, I still doubt you will get acceptable performance in FSX.

From what I have read the ATI cards have some issues with AA working properly.. I have never tried this, but I am worried that 2.4GHz is a bit too slow to run FSX at any acceptable levels. Maybe with all sliders to the left and no big add ons (aircraft or sceneries) it might run ok.. I'll let others give their opinions on this though.
Not to sound like a total moron but what is AA?

SPECS:Intel® Core™ i32.4GHz4GB RAM-expandable to 8 GB DDR3Mobile Intel® HD graphics64-1696MB (shared)Other option is AMD Turion™ II2.4GHzSame amount of RAMATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250256-1789MB (dynamically allocated shared)
To say FSX won't run on those is a big fat lie to say the least; look at my rig it's older and slower than those and it runs FSX happily.

To say FSX won't run on those is a big fat lie to say the least; look at my rig it's older and slower than those and it runs FSX happily.
Intel integrated graphics are garbage. Well, actually it's the driver that's garbage but I digress. Your system has AMD or Nvidia graphics (your sig doesn't state which) which are vastly superior to Intel integrated graphics. The 2nd option would be the better of the two, despite having the slower processor.

Intel integrated graphics are garbage. Well, actually it's the driver that's garbage but I digress. Your system has AMD or Nvidia graphics (your sig doesn't state which) which are vastly superior to Intel integrated graphics. The 2nd option would be the better of the two, despite having the slower processor.
GPU Type : ATI Radeon 3100 GraphicsDirectX Version : 11.0
Click the CPU-Z validator image.A Radeon 3100 can't be much better.

Click the CPU-Z validator image.A Radeon 3100 can't be much better.
You seem not to understand. The specifications don't matter if the driver is so crappy that many games don't even run.