Sign in to follow this  
whitav8

FSR Flight Video File Corruption

I have tried four PCs now - all running FSX-SP2 Acceleration - and I always have problems finding "Flight Video" recordings (FSR format) being corrupted (I like to use 1/4 second option but have tried one second - same problem) - either no flight motion at all or super sped up (maybe 8X or so). If I start my recording as the default flight start point, I can get a single recording file to be OK but any more after that are usually corrupted. I need these FSR format files to add complex moving aircraft - especially helicopters - to a mission. For example, I have a mission with a downtown Seattle aircraft accident and over the fire and ambulances, I wanted some news helicopters to provide a realistic problem for ownship maneuvering. It looks great with three extra helicopters, but as we all know, you couldn't do that with AI so the FSR recordings are the only way I know to do it. Does anyone know of a solution to the FSR file corruption - maybe you don't have that problem of course (I don't know why!). Also, does anyone know of a way maybe to use Matthias Neusinger's FS recorder to make an FSR file using some sort of a converter program?Thanks for any help!Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I would at least appreciate a report from as many FSX-SP2 folks as possible about whether the Flight Video feature works for them. Maybe just fly for 30 seconds and replay the video. Then try it for a second and third time. If I find that most of you have trouble then I know that I can't trust the feature - OR - I have a bad install/version and need to look elsewhere.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Picking this up a bit late, but I've had the same problem with a fresh install of FSX on W7 - FRS file corruption such that the playback is chaotic? I'm afraid the only solution I found that worked was:

1. Exit FSX and re-start, possibly after a re-boot of the W7 OS (yeah, I know!)

2. Fly default Free Flight in FSX and exit - this ensures that FSX starts O.K.

3. Load saved start of flight to be recorded and press Pause

4. Start Flight Recording, fly the flight and terminate recording

5. Replay recording to see if FRS works.

It seems that FSX is very sensitive in Flight Recording. I have had to repeat the above sequence 2 or 3 times in order to get an uncorrupted FRS file to use in missions.

Nihil illegitimi carborundum sunt!

Cheers - Dai.