Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

To Realair Simulations

you can get more detail here on how to correct it... It is standard on all planes when you fly in winter in what FSX classify as "hard snow" areas as well as in rainy conditions.if you get it in conditions without rain it is the snowwash effect. See below. similar can be corrected for rainwash( wet engine wash as explained by Alex in post above - I think the effect also is something like weteneginewash if I am not mistaken). Even thou it say 20Ft below plane I really dont know the distance as it is really a guess to how much below plane it is, but it is really way down below plane. I have renamed my effect and it is working great on all my planes. The only thing is that when you taxi in rainy/snowing conditions you will not get the engine wash effect on the runway. I can live with that. http://aussiex.org/f...ft-below-plane/
Awesome thanks. BTW I got this flying out of Aspen CO. - KASEThanksjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Open the oil cooler doors and oil temps wont be a problem this time of year, around Europe and the UK at least anyway. The PT6's certainly shouldn't over heat to the point of shutting down that quickly, especially in my case when I only managed to climb to 2000agl before one died on me, that must have been a random failure rather than an avoidable failure due to engine misuse.I've just done an hour flight with randoms back on "very low" and had an uneventful flight, so maybe it was bad luck after all, I'll keep you posted Rob.
Ok Andy. ThanksRob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

+2
Hi Zane,Would you mind addressing the last response to the VNE @ 198 KIAS question on the previous page?Many thanks.

Hi Zane,Would you mind addressing the last response to the VNE @ 198 KIAS question on the previous page?Many thanks.
Show me which post. I thought I had already addressed it. A look at The two Royal Turbines on Controller will show the red mark on the ASI.Edit: I think you were referring to the one regarding the green arc. I just responded indicating that yes the green arc needs to end at 198 kts.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I can confirm the heat vent effect. Somehow this is tripping the FS variable for the ice vanes, not sure of the variable naming but I know you will find it.This torque increase is there but subtle. In a normal climb in a King Air C90 (similar engines) you should take off and climb out at 1,200 ft lbs/700 ITT max. When you reduce prop rpm you should lower torque to 1,100 ft lbs, bring the props back from 2,200 to 2,000 rpm and the torque will rise about 70-90 ft lbs, you then re adjust to 1,200 ft lbs or 700 ITT max.
The 700 ITT max is from PT6A-21 operations. I believe but cannot confirm on the net tonight the -35 is limited to 800 ITT max. I'd suggest a 760-780 setting for normal use. My panel shot of 157JT shows what appears to be a green arc up to 780 ITT and a yellow arc from 780 to 800 ITT and redline at 800 degrees. The ASI also shows the VNE and end of green arc at 198 KIAS.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

We get asked from time to time why we don't have a dedicated forum. We do monitor public forums, and especially this excellent one, and we've been offered space many times to host a forum. However, for over a decade now we have supported our customers with very prompt email replies, and this has worked extremely well. If we had a forum we'd be repeating exactly what we do in our current support, but in a less personal way, and we don't want to be sidetracked from the most important thing: Our customers. We prefer to service our customers individually and personally. That doesn't mean we are against public discussion, as this forum well demonstrates.All I can say is that the vast majority of our customers appreciate the timely responses and also appreciate the bespoke service. Even running a dedicated forum still means we have to provide email support, AND still monitor public forums too. We feel our energies are better directed at the service we currently give, since we are a two man team and we do not have the resources to take on more.I know for some this is not a conventional approach, but we like to go our own way.Rob - RealAir
You definatly cant beat RealAir's support. Email on a sunday asking for my Spitfire 2008 to be unlocked (too many reinstalls and a new rig). Two hours later its unlocked and working. Awesome service. As for the Turbine Duke, buy it, your rig and FSX deserve it!

I may be too late to reply to this topic but I felt it’s my duty to comment on this beautiful addon.I first bought the Duke piston version in May 2010 as my first addon after thoroughly going through various forums and immediately I fell in love with it. I added the RXPGNS530 to further enhance the duke. As my first addon was RA Duke I expected the same high quality from other similarly priced or sometimes even more expensive addons from various developers which I bought in my search for faster aircrafts for long distance online flying, but I have failed. I have only wasted my money in that search and I have always returned to the Duke in all those instances. I was very happy when RA announced that they are releasing a turbine version early this year and I was quick to purchase it. The virtual cockpit , resolution, flight dynamics, instrument functionality is unmatched. :( I’m yet to discover any other addon of its quality. Hope REALAIR itself will quench my thirst.

Hi folks, was anybody able to make the fsbuill performance for the turbine Duke?This bird is the one of the best i fly in fsx ever. :Thinking:Capitancg

downloaded today nice plane

I fly light twins - milvix 310, baron 58, and hiperf singles -bonanza 33, mooney all carenado.

I turbo'd the 310 for trips over the mountains requiring 16000'

I rreally like this Duke turbine for altitude and speed. however i overstressed each flight..

im learning from this forum:

-open the oil vents

-dont treat the conditioners as they are fuel mixture

-the prop rpms are a different animal-

-the TRQ (throttles) are different than using as MAP

This is gonna require a greater time to learn to fly proficiently..

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

downloaded today nice plane

I fly light twins - milvix 310, baron 58, and hiperf singles -bonanza 33, mooney all carenado.

I turbo'd the 310 for trips over the mountains requiring 16000'

I rreally like this Duke turbine for altitude and speed. however i overstressed each flight..

im learning from this forum:

-open the oil vents

-dont treat the conditioners as they are fuel mixture

-the prop rpms are a different animal-

-the TRQ (throttles) are different than using as MAP

This is gonna require a greater time to learn to fly proficiently..

This is still my favorite GA plane! Love the Turbine Duke.

As for overstressing (I presume you mean the fact that your engines stop running due to overstressing?)

I only use full throttle at take off, after initial climb I lower the thrust about 10 percent (just below max). Then you can fly safely. If you are overstressing the engines a red warning will appear on you cockpit panel about stressing the engines.  

Thank Mork,

started from KBWG to KCLT today

climbed to 9500' carefully monitoring oil temps etc..

197 KIAS fine. fuel burn= 21.7 / eng

climb to 11,500 ok

level 11,500 cruise 196KIAS  throttles 68% 787, props 57% 1900-2100, conditioners medium ( basically all at white hash mark) oil temp ok

in effort to get more Airspeed I carefully adjusted throttles and props slowly ...

As soon as the Duke reached 201KIAS it overstressed.

THEN I read the low altitude warning splash screen re: overspeed at low altitude.So the question now is at What altitude can I pour the coal to it? above 18,000??????

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

***Holy Thread Revival Batman***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Count me IN! The two Dukes are the most pleasurable of all my aircraft.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hey Duke Turbine flyers,

at what altitude can you exceed 200KIAS?

thanks

Hey Duke Turbine flyers,

at what altitude can you exceed 200KIAS?

thanks

Well, you don't ever want to exceed the Red Line on your Airspeed indicator, and if my memory serves me correctly, that is about 199 KIAS for the Turbine Duke. Try taking it up to anywhere between 20,000 and 26,500 and put your throttles in the green as well as your prop RPM in the green. There, you should get maybe 190 KIAS but over 250 GS, given the right conditions.