•  

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

Photo

Install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dutchman2

dutchman2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

Does the installation require an active web connection to install the down load product file? Does the installation require an active web connection to install the CD product file? I ask as my flight sim PC does not have a web connection of any kind.

=========

Dutchman2

KLAX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Benjamin J

Benjamin J

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

For both you don't need to have a web connection, at least not with the older products. I wouldn't really know what's the situation with some of the newer products, such as their 767.

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.

#3 dutchman2

dutchman2

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the input. My primary interest is in their DC-8 / DC-10 / L1011 (Classics 2) and YS11 product.

=========

Dutchman2

KLAX

#4 Benjamin J

Benjamin J

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the input. My primary interest is in their DC-8 / DC-10 / L1011 (Classics 2) and YS11 product.

For those no internet connection is necessary.

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.

#5 Chock

Chock

• Members
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

For every Aerosim product I have (both FSX and FS9 products), I was sent install exe at the time of purchase, no internet was needed after that, nor any serial number as far as I recall. So make sure you back your install exe files up, keeping a copy of them somewhere.Bizarrely, the only time you do need a password is for the paint kits, to install the paint kits, it asks you for some info from a certain page on the product manual.Al

Alan Bradbury - abradbury@avsim.com

Posted Image

Run! Get to da choppaaa!