Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Prepar3D

With DX11, does this mean you'll be able to get improved lighting effects like sunlight and moving shadows inside the cockpit?
+1 it would be awesome to see a flight sim with the graphic of crysis 2 :(

Good day.I have FSX and Pmdg NGX. I have subscibed to Prepar3d for 10.00 USD. No problems with the platform. I copied my FSX Pmdf folders into Prepar3d folder. Prepar3d is FSX. The same file and folders that are in FSX are in Prepar3d. This of course means the default folders. I did get the PMDG plane to work. The only thing not working was the hud. There was no info on the hud. I said the same thing in the Pmdg forum and was told was missing a dill file to be copied over. I saw no difference in flight dynamics. The plane flew well. I also did the same thing with the IFLY 737ngx. No problems there. Prepar3d detected the dill for IFLy was not there but the plane loaded anyway with all gauges no problem. You can also copied the default planes as well. You have to remember to not only copied the plane files but the gauges and sounds and dills.(modules). I have an I7 single core 2.8 machine with 8gbs of ram. My frame rates are ugly. I will wait until I get a quad core overclocked machine. I think this product will have a good impact for FSX users. The product has nowhere to go but up. It is good now and will be great later. MyTraffic has already done a product to install into Prepar3d. FSDreamTeam has done the same. Just a hint. I had to uinstalled the Dreamteam products from FSX first then click install. The installer will detect if Prepar3d is on your system. It appears to me from reading and internet hints that Prepar3d will have updates. That is the good thing about having a monthly fee. the product will have updates. The only downside is that it will take time for all developers to redo the installers so your installation is just a click. As said before FSDreamteam has done this already. Aerosoft has posted links to products that are prepar3d. If aerosoft is doing this then I know this program will do well. I did not play it alot becasue I do use FSpassengers and could not get it to work in prepar3d, copy and paste did not work. I will have to go to that website and get some insight. I think this will be a great product. Forgive me for the essay lol.Vincent

Just one more note. I used world of a.i for traffic and it wored well. I just copied the simobjects/airplanes..world of ai planes into the prepar3d. Copy the traffic bgl files into Prepar3d and bam. A.I traffic.

The PMDG 737 NGX is the flight sim model I desire to fly most often because of its exactness in both switch and flight characteristics relative to real flying.  I am not a 737 pilot, just a retired AF fighter pilot staying proficient in flying skills.  I used the Migration Tool and installed the 737 NGX into PP3D.  Totally unusable.  There is a minimum of a 10 minute lag for switch movements.  When using the 737 NGX in FSX switch movement is instant.  Can anyone shed any incite into this issue?

The PMDG 737 NGX is the flight sim model I desire to fly most often because of its exactness in both switch and flight characteristics relative to real flying.  I am not a 737 pilot, just a retired AF fighter pilot staying proficient in flying skills.  I used the Migration Tool and installed the 737 NGX into PP3D.  Totally unusable.  There is a minimum of a 10 minute lag for switch movements.  When using the 737 NGX in FSX switch movement is instant.  Can anyone shed any incite into this issue?

NGX is not supported in Prepar3d yet.  See here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426978-pmdgs-p3d-development-status-fact-thread-updated-25nov13/