What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- PC Aviator New Additions discount
- Alabeo - 40% off @ PCAviator (Australia)
- Just Flight: 25% off on all A2A aircrafts!
- A2A sale, advise appreciated on purchase for FSX
- Aerosoft: 80% off FSX: Steam Edition and 25% off FSX Steam DLC
- SW Florida KRSW for FSX, P3d at 25%
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Free Aluminium Yoke Checklist for Saitek Yoke from Cockpit phD
- A match made in heaven. Really!
- Project Cars 40% Off
. . .
Project Airbus A380 VC in FSX
1 reply to this topic
Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:42 AM
Hello, I have heard about the new A380 VC from Project Airbus. People on the PA forum say that it works fine with FSX, but I am experiencing some problems. As it says in the Readme file, liveries have to be installed before an A380 with the Project Airbus VC will work. I have installed a livery, but what am I supposed to write in the "model" section of the Aircraft.cfg (in the livery's [flightsim.XX] section)? The default is "Model=". In the VC aircraft's folder, the model folders' names are "model.wv_rr" and "model.vc_rr". If I put "wv_rr" or "vc_rr" in the [flightsim.xx] section, the aircraft appears in the FSX aircraft menu, but when I select it, it says "Failed to startup the flight model. [A380 model and livery]". If I do not put the model names in the Aircraft.cfg, the A380 disappears from the FSX aircraft selection menu. Any suggestions on how to make the A380 work properly with FSX would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:18 PM
It seems to me as if your aircraft.cfg doesn't refer to any .air file.(It should say something like "sim=PA380")