Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Illumination of Overhead panels in PMDG 737ngx 800/900

Hi Been using P3D for a couple of days and find it to be extremely stable now that I have sorted user induced problems.Testing using ORBX NW p3d demo. Frame rates appear to see an increase of 5-10fps with everything maxed out.HIGHMEMFIX tweak only addition to P3D generated config file. No stutters or blurries. My computer Intel 2600K, 8gig memory, MSI Nvidia 460 graphics card. Asus o/c to 3.8. I decided to test PMDG 737NGX on P3D and subsequently ported everything PMDG from FSX to P3D.Everything works with no problems (controls, sound, lighting etc) except for: 1.Dome light, overhead front and rear panels and centre console are operational and are illuminated at night in FSX. 2.In P3D Dome light switch operates but lighting is not activated in bright and dim mode.Front and rear overhead panels remain in darkness but centre console is illuminated as occurs in FSX. PMDG 737-8900NGX 2987 Hotfix currently installed in FSX and P3D. Has anyone had a similar issue and found a fix. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. noels7

Noel Southam

Check the aircraft.cfg file and see which .fx files are listed in the [lights] section... Then copy paste the .fx files and the bitmaps required from FSX's ..\Effects folder to the P3D ..\Effects folder.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

N4gix Thanks for your advice. Will try and see what I come up with. Regards noels7 noel southam

Noel Southam

N4gix Thanks for your help. Forgot to copy over 4 PMDG effects file from FSX.PMDG 737NGX now working 100%. No crashes etc. Stable as a rock. noels7

Noel Southam

You are most welcome. Even though I don't own the product, I've been working as a professional developer long enough to make an educated guess about many reported problems... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Could you describe the process of "porting over" the NGX from FSX to Prepar3d, please?
I just went into the FSX folder and did a search for "pmdg"And then copied everything over to the right folders, things to remember, the .fx files, fonts, sim objects, guages and sounds.CheersSean

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

Could you describe the process of "porting over" the NGX from FSX to Prepar3d, please?
1. Copy(not move) the 4 PMDG folders from Simobjects/airplanes (in FSX) to the same folders in Prepar3d. There should be 4 800NGX, 800NGX WL, 900NGW & 900NGX WL.2. Copy the PMDG folder from the root directory of "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" to the root directory of Prepar3d, which is "Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d".3. Copy the PMDG fonts from FSX/fonts folder to P3D fonts folder. (they are the PMDG fonts for the glass displays.)4. Copy the PMDG DLL's from the FSX/gauges folder to the P3D gauges folder.5. Copy the PMDG sound folder from FSX/sound to the P3D sound folder.6. Copy the PMDG effects from the FSX/Effects folder to the P3D Effects folder.Enjoy !Fred.