Sign in to follow this  
MajorMike

Cockpit lights

How do I turn the lights on in the cockpit at night.? Sorry to have to ask but I cannot find this in the instruction manual although I am sure it must be there somewhere.Thank-you,Michael Houghton

Hi Michael,The dome light switch is on the aft overhead, it's a single 3-position switch, look just aft of the window heat switches.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

In front of the Yoke, below the PFD, from memory there is a bank of about 6 rotary swtiches. Have a go of them. There are seperate ones for the overhead panel and centre pedastal. OHP ones are somewhere near the middle, CP ones are near the back left. Have a bit look. The dome light would ruin your night vision so I think its just for pre/post flight stuff?Related question, through using the rotary controls, you can choose to turn up the lights within all the controls which makes them easy to find. Would you also use a bit of backlighting, that lights up the whole instrument panel or generally not?to add, the compass has its own control, pretty much on it.The back up aritifcal horizon (at least the digital option) also has its own controls, I think two switches on its left hand side.

Dome light is on te overhead, if aircraft is cold and dark, and it doesn't come on, you can switch emer lights on, just to find the battery switch.Other lights are:Each panel has its backlight, wic illuminates the symbols and letters, displays have their own knobs just below them.Pedestal has its light switches (panel plus flood) at the back of the panel.There is also a chart (map) light that works but is useless for instruments. Same for circuit breaker lights.

Regards

Andrea Daviero