Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

After hundreds and hundreds of posts in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.n...179-gd3dllhelp/

Pete Dowson incl. the help of many, has found a solution (or better said "crash prevention") for some g3d.dll errors/crashes many are experiencing.

The common sceneries causing this are Aerosoft EBBR, EDDF, ESSA, LOWI and generally ORBX area. It has been confirmed by already couple of persons that the crashes don't any more occur. Even hard test-configurations where users were having certain crashes have passed.

If there are any drawbacks, they are yet unknown.

The solution is implemented in his FSUIPC.

Important: this might not be the solution for every g3d.dll out there! Or it can also easily be.

Link to his forum (see here for the latest version): http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so.

I would like ask Mods to sticky this thread.

Really thanks to Pete for the big effort and all the guys that collaborated collecting data!I'm already owner of the registered copy, and just updated the module cool.pngFSUIPC is really the first, the best and indispensable addon for FSX (and FS9 too) im%20Not%20Worthy.gifMauro

Guest firehawk44
As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so.
I immediately bought a license for FSUIPC even though I won't be using any of the fsuipc features. I'm really glad Pete got a g3d CTD and decided to find a fix. LOL.gif I wish it would have happened sooner though as this problem has been aggravating to say the least. Thanks again Pete. The FS community really owes you a lot (especially many commercial addon developers)!Thanks to you too Word Not Allowed. Your persistence and testing kept the thread alive long enough for Pete to finally get a g3d CTD and find the fix. LOL.gif Let's hope it's a permanent fix.Best regards,Jim

Hope this gets Pinned

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I immediately bought a license for FSUIPC even though I won't be using any of the fsuipc features. I'm really glad Pete got a g3d CTD and decided to find a fix.  I wish it would have happened sooner though as this problem has been aggravating to say the least. Thanks again Pete. The FS community really owes you a lot (especially many commercial addon developers)!Thanks to you too Word Not Allowed. Your persistence and testing kept the thread alive long enough for Pete to finally get a g3d CTD and find the fix. Let's hope it's a permanent fix.Best regards,Jim

Hello JimSlowly but surely you will start to dig into Fsuipc and utilise its features.I could not imagine being without the Profiles function now, makes each of my aircraft button assignments just load automatically with the relevant aircraft.Worth the price of admission just for that one feature.

Pinned.That's a good opportunity to thank Pete, *******, Nick N and all those talented persons for their fantastic contribution to our hobby.Without you guys, half of us would have thrown in the towel for years and the other half would use FSX as a slideshow!Thanks also to our great community here at Avsim for being proactive, persevering and generous.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

As everyone can see, together we make this hobby fantastic ! FSX is alive and kicking Idea.gif

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Pinned.That's a good opportunity to thank Pete, *******, Nick N and all those talented persons for their fantastic contribution to our hobby.Without you guys, half of us would have thrown in the towel for years and the other half would use FSX as a slideshow!Thanks also to our great community here at Avsim for being proactive, persevering and generous.
Thanks for pinning this David. If it was not for the talent you mentioned, I would be using FS98!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guest jahman
...As this effort can only be awarded, I urge anyone who didn't yet buy FSUIPC, to do so....
Heck, PeteD ought to get a dime from each of us every time a GD3 CTD is prevented by FSUIPC! Big Grin.gif
Pinned....
May I suggest also adding the FSUIPC as the cure for GD3 CTDs in the Tips and Tricks forum?Cheers,- jahman.

Wow is all I can say. Just flew a couple areas that would give me the CTD and now she is alive and kicking. WTG Petey!!I'm gonna nominate Pete for PM here.... im Not Worthy.gif

Well done Pete, Word Not Allowed and others for the hard work you've done on this discovery. I have had the registered FSUIPC for some time now and believe it is one of the best addons I have. Thanks again...Hug.gif

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think "MOST" should be an operative word in the thread title otherwise I foresee in the future people coming here moaning that they spent $30 on FSUIPC to fix g3d.dll errors but they are still getting them, even though at this time it isn't a requirement to register FSUIPC for this fix. I wish it weren't the case but you know it WILL happen.

Cheers, Andy.

I think "MOST" should be an operative word in the thread title otherwise I foresee in the future people coming here moaning that they spent $30 on FSUIPC to fix g3d.dll errors but they are still getting them, even though at this time it isn't a requirement to register FSUIPC for this fix. I wish it weren't the case but you know it WILL happen.
You are quite correct. We don't yet know if all errors are fixed. But we won't know until next g3d.dll error occurs. And that didn't happen yet.Until then I suggest you enjoy your working FSX!!

Trust me Word Not Allowed, they won't stay here for long.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Some people will go as far as to imply that FSUIPC could have been the cause of CTDs. LOLI have a feeling that those who spend the $30 will be devoted simmers who appreciate the efforts of the community. Pete deserves our support.David, thank you for pinning this thread.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.