Welcome to world of complex addons, congrats on the step up Freddy.
What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Iron Maiden's new 747-400 for their next world tour
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?
47 replies to this topic
Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM
Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes
Welcome to the 'big boys' club
I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.
Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion. I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already. Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me. But I digress. Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on. But, for now, three new planes is enough. My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved. But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later. For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).