Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Airport grass polygons

As Scott mentioned (but perhaps it was not very clearly to the uninitiated), the airport grass will display different textures depending on the underlying land class assignments. Some land class, particularly the wet urban textures, display green grass at the airport, whereas other land class, the dry variety, will display either a mixed or dry grass at the airport.Generally, this is pretty realistic, since grass does tend to turn brownish/yellow in the Winter or dry season. However, there have been objections as to the depiction of this dry grass, and there are replacement textures available, both free and commercial.If you are really not happy with what you see, then you can either just change the land class yourself so that a different airport grass is displayed, or get some modification from the Avsim library or from a commercial vendor.Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado

I ment to do some testing. I have an FSX pure-default install but it's on a slow laptop (not really good for anything but observing or taking a screenshot -- fps is around 1 or 2). I use the GEX NA and PAC texture replacements on my main system, so it is harder to compare. The GEX makes a big difference with dryer or winter/spring variants. I do intend to try a couple of landclass mod files on the default system as time allows.scott s..

Edited by scott967

Scott, the ACES devs gave us the land class assignment spreadsheet that clearly indicates the texture displayed in the airport background depending on the underlying land class assignment. If you do not have it, I would be happy to send it to you.Best regards.Luis