What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Iron Maiden's new 747-400 for their next world tour
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Airport grass polygons
3 replies to this topic
Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:26 PM
Please read through this short thread and let me know if there is a fix for this..thanks. Im new to running FSX and am in the process of making it look "nicer". Just installed UTX usa and already have a very nice improvement. Thanks for any help!!!!http://forum.avsim.n...grass-polygons/
Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:25 AM
As Scott mentioned (but perhaps it was not very clearly to the uninitiated), the airport grass will display different textures depending on the underlying land class assignments. Some land class, particularly the wet urban textures, display green grass at the airport, whereas other land class, the dry variety, will display either a mixed or dry grass at the airport.Generally, this is pretty realistic, since grass does tend to turn brownish/yellow in the Winter or dry season. However, there have been objections as to the depiction of this dry grass, and there are replacement textures available, both free and commercial.If you are really not happy with what you see, then you can either just change the land class yourself so that a different airport grass is displayed, or get some modification from the Avsim library or from a commercial vendor.Best regards.Luis
Edited by LuisFelizTirado, 21 January 2012 - 10:26 AM.
Hot, humid Caribbean paradise!
Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:34 PM
I ment to do some testing. I have an FSX pure-default install but it's on a slow laptop (not really good for anything but observing or taking a screenshot -- fps is around 1 or 2). I use the GEX NA and PAC texture replacements on my main system, so it is harder to compare. The GEX makes a big difference with dryer or winter/spring variants. I do intend to try a couple of landclass mod files on the default system as time allows.scott s..
Edited by scott967, 24 January 2012 - 10:35 PM.
Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:01 AM
Scott, the ACES devs gave us the land class assignment spreadsheet that clearly indicates the texture displayed in the airport background depending on the underlying land class assignment. If you do not have it, I would be happy to send it to you.Best regards.Luis
Hot, humid Caribbean paradise!