What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- MSI N550GTX-TI
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
. . .
Abacus FS design studio problem
2 replies to this topic
Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:58 AM
I installed Abacus design studio again after long time, and when I try to create 3D object after following basic tutorial that comes with the program I get error Failed to create bgl file! which happens when its generating scenery drawing code.Heres the error report:"OutputFile: _temp.MDLOutput file after modification: _temp.MDLCreating output MDL file: _temp.MDLCRASHTREE no granularity specifiedCRASHTREE completed in 00:00:00.0070004Usage: XToMDL.exe /KEEP /NOGUI /BATCH /NOCRASH /BMP2DDS /XMLSAMPLE /XANIM /DICT:DictFileName /OUT:OutfileName Filename.X"'Then when I try to create aircraft model it creates it, but in FSX its completely invisible.Any help? I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS and my system has I7 2600k 3.4ghz processor, 8GB of RAM and Radeon 6990 graphics card.
Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:33 PM
FScamp - Invisible object........... When you chose your textures - did you click on an option called N ? This tells FSX to look for the night texture.If you did, and did not create the _LM for it, in FSX you will see nothing! In FS9 FS9 would just ingore this. In FSX FSX says, "Hey! where's the LM for this texutre? Can't find it! Well I give up and I ain't gonna display nuttin! So there!" And you end up seeing nothing.You have to manually make your own _LMs.The other Problem - send me the fsc file and let me look at it. I use FSDS 3.5.1 My addres is email@example.comThis is what you want to do...... Bring up your project in FSDS, Now- go to file and choose 'package project' , navigate to a temp folder or just to desktop if you wish. Hit ok. Now go to where you navigated to in the last step hilite all (the fsc file and the texture files, right click and zip them up. Send the whole thing to me by e-mail. I'll see what I can do.Remember that when comiling you will always get the message crash tree, no granularity specified, yadda yadda yadda. That 's normal. Hope to hear from you.
Other try- compile as a mdl does that work? For bgl are you preferences set right?
Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:16 AM
The crash report references "_temp.MDL". Are you compiling to a model or a BGL? If you're compiling to a model, use the Library Maker to add the model to a new library. Then you'll have a library BGL that you can place in a scenery BGL.If you're trying to compile to a BGL, then it needs to contain the placement information - lat/lon, elev, etc.