What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises
105 replies to this topic
Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:33 AM
I somehow always hated multipurpose software-for various reasons. So if you are looking for a weather importing software that won't chew up into your resources and will perform the task it was written for, then you may consider this little programmehttp://www.hanse-cod...?page=self&id=1I'm using it for a couple of months now and all I can say is am extremely happy with it. It does exactlly what it promises and does it 100%. My PC doesn't even know it's running and my FS X weather is rock-solid interpretation of METAR's that were downloaded and inserted into the sim. Oh, not to forget - it's free!
Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:03 AM
Yeah, I´m using that too for a long time now. I got it as an replacement for Open Clouds which was also an freeware weather engine but after the dev made it payware I started to use FSrealWX Lite. It does what it should and paired with HDEv2 and the NGX flying is just perfect. The only thing I have on the negative side is that my sim shutters when the new weather is loaded but as soon as it´s done, everything is smooth again. And sometimes there are very rapid wind changes, esspecially anoying when on final approach (Open Clouds had an feature to prevent any weather changing when below a certain height, 3000ft or something else). But besides of that it´s perfect.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:49 AM
@Superpilotv2FSrealWXlite has it's own wind control(not to be mixed with the FSUIPC's), so even if you don't have FSUIPC, there's an option that prevents wild wind variations. Make sure you have "Direct wind control" activated, found under options.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:23 AM
Thst´s allready checked. But I had only one issue like that. Approching with the NGX in Reno and 30 kts crossind till about 1000ft above AGL. Then the wind chnaged to 5 kts in less then a second.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:39 AM
Somehow we all keep forgetting - this utility does import WX into FS. So if weather report is somehow "strange" in a way, maybe wrong coded, maybe partially downloaded or something like that, then results can be weird. But still puzzles me, why it wasn't smoothed out, even if on one occasion only. Overloaded hardware resources can also produce hickupps.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:59 AM
To minimize the weather 'injections' just change the update interval in the Options. I also check 'No weather update in approach', and set Weather position to 100 miles and 'Only from Ahead' which minimizes loading as well. There are lots of options for a free program, it's all I use anymore.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:42 PM
Does this fix that low level fog layer we get in FSX? You know the layer just above the airport where you can see through to the fence?
| i5 2500K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | EVGA GTX 970 | GB P67A-UD4-B3 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | 120GB Mushkin | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | Seasonic X750W |