Sign in to follow this  
fastcarfastplane

achieving high altitude..err highest altitude

wow, you guys did work with the steamen? #####! i hate that plane...loland umm, what is that "high flying glider" in the picture u posted? glider? hmmmmm
I think high flying glider is one of the aerocaches.

High Flying Glider is the name of an aerocache that is around the 32000 feet mark. This was because a record for the highest flying glider in the world was made at that point. So if you have a plane high enough to get the aerocache you can retrieve it. Most aerocaches only appear when you are quite close by but this aerocache can appear even if you are still quite far from it, to kind of tease you and tempt you to try reach it I suppose.

Some of us have tried to find the SR-71, but no luck for me, and I don’t know if it’s even there. (I spent several hours walking around the airport where it is supposed to be, btw. it’s very nicely modeled.)
The SR71 Aerocache (NOT an SR71 hidden plane) notes say it is over the largest airport in Hawaii. You can walk around all you like, but the Aerocache will be 85000ft above you.

The SR71 Aerocache (NOT an SR71 hidden plane) notes say it is over the largest airport in Hawaii. You can walk around all you like, but the Aerocache will be 85000ft above you.
I agree, the aerocache is at 85,000 ft just above Hickam AFB, but some of us think they wouldn't have put the aerocache just to tease us, and believe there is an Easter Egg hidden somewhere around there.But only few know that.

I would guess you would need to be flying over a volcano when it unexpectedly erupts. The massive thermal quickly lifts you upwards toward 100,000ft, and more than likely your engine would still be running at this altitude but your plane would be unable to keep altitude.Just a crazy guess,Matt

I've hit 39,095, but am starting to run out of gas. Need to figure out how to get to that 50k mark first, then hit 80k before running out of gas....

Have an image of the altitude, but can't figure out how to post it.

Highest altitude = 85,529 ft.

Dude, really? Loading a hacked save-game file that's been modified to start you at 86,000 is just stupid. Bragging about it is just lame.

This has even been pointed out to you before, the last time you posted this.

Dude, really? Loading a hacked save-game file that's been modified to start you at 86,000 is just stupid. Bragging about it is just lame.

This has even been pointed out to you before, the last time you posted this.

Dude your underware is just too tight-get some scissors and snip your waistband. Flight is fun, get over it and join in.

18K in the Stearman before I got bored and saved the free flight session for later.

I haven't bought the basic planes, holding off on the high alt stuff for a plane I really want :)

Perhaps they have just put it there, to tease and to hint that more aircraft are coming, one of which would be capable of such an altitude.

I mean there is a message that displays, saying certain ones are more easily attainable with a seaplane or helicopter... there certainly is not a helicopter yet - so I take that as a tease that there will be.

Maybe it is the same with this hi flying areocache - just a hint - a tease - that we will eventually get an aircraft we can get there with.