Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation CJ1+ 2.0, any one got it?

I myself cannot reply as to the flying of the CJ1+20 as when I bought it last Saturday I did not realize that I was buying a Kit Airplane. I downloaded it as per the instruction and when I opened it up I only have a pilot and co pilot seat and two wings fasteners. That is it. I am still trying to find the rest of the plane. I have tried to get onto ES forums but for some reason, I have to be approved by the administrators and have not heard anything for 4 days. Guess I have to wait until my 30 days are up and then they will let me on, but, of course then, my 30 day free trial has ended and they get to keep my $44.96.

Sounds like you either don't have the HIGHMEMFIX setting in your fsx.cfg file, or you did something with the shader3 and didn't uninstall it correctly

I have the CX 750 V2.0 I loved that thing. It filled a niche that was left dead for a long time. In my defense I never flew the CX v1.0. If the CJ1 is like the 750 in regards to system fidelity and handling characteristics, then I will have to get this at a later date...meaning I is poor at the moment. :cray:

The only thing that is keeping me from purchasing it sooner beside financial issues is that I don't exactly know what kind of market and routes the CJ1 would run. Would it fill smaller routes that the 750 would be overkill on? I just don't want to feel like I have to planes that can do the exact same things.

Someone educate me please.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

well the 750 is more longer range, and it does have more seats....

here is some data...

CJ1+ Takeoff at Sea Level, feet 3,250 Takeoff at 5000' 25°C, feet 5,890 Landing Distance, feet 2,358 Certified Ceilings, feet 41,000 Fuel Consumption, gallons per hour 122 Total Variable Cost $846 High Speed Cruise, knots 383 Ranges, Four Pax, Nautical Miles (NM) 1,138 600 NM Mission, Fight Time 1+41 1000 NM Mission, Flight Time 2+51

PASSENGER SEATING CONFIGURATION TYPICAL SEATING 7 MAX SEATING CONFIGURATION 7

Comfort Cessna_Citationjet1_cross_000.gifCessna_Citationjet1_layout_000.gif

C750 Takeoff at Sea Level, feet 5,140 Takeoff at 5000' 25°C, feet 7,350 Landing Distance, feet 2,730 Certified Ceilings, feet 51,000 Fuel Consumption, gallons per hour 336 Total Variable Cost $2,080 High Speed Cruise, knots 513 Ranges, Four Pax, Nautical Miles (NM) 3,125 600 NM Mission, Fight Time 1+16 1000 NM Mission, Flight Time 2+03 PASSENGER SEATING CONFIGURATION TYPICAL SEATING 8 MAX SEATING CONFIGURATION 11

Comfort Cessna_Citation_X_CrossSection.gifCessna_Citation_X_layout.gif

so you can see they fill very different roles... :Nerd:

the CJ1 would be your plane for 50nm trips to 500nm, more if you want to stop for fuel

the 750 is your long range fast biz jet that can do LA to NY or NY to London very quickly, mind you the 750 can make short trips very fast :Thinking:

hope this helps

lee

Hmm, I saw no positive on the fully functional UNS-1 Universal FMS and Navigraph Support along with the totally redone Pro Line 21 Avionics, Chart Viewer or myriad other improvements over the original CJ1.

Only the negatives on VC which we believe is undeserved and frankly the "perfect VC" obsession as so often expressed robs simmers of a realistic simulation experience.

To be frank, we'll be ok if you do not recomend but please try to maintaion a balanced view. :Nerd:

I've noticed a pattern that you seem to criticize anyone who has a negative opinion of your products without also saying something nice about them. Now I've purchased add-ons from you in the past. They're so-so in my opinion. But if someone doesn't like a product, they should be frank about it without a requirement to sugar coat anything. An honest flow of information here is the only thing that keeps many of us from wasting our money on inferior products. I think it would be helpful to try and refrain from trying to censoring simmers who are giving their honest opinions. If you put out a great product, plenty of people will sing your praises and the few negative opinions will be drowned out. You shouldn't have to worry about what people say if you are confident in your work. It will speak for itself, especially since there is a money back guarantee.

But I have to agree with the common feedback that does come up when your products are being discussed, which is that the VC texturing is below par. It could be good to finally accept this feedback, and drive up the standard of future Eaglesoft VC texturing.

Couldn't agree with you more. The pits need new models and higher quality textures to be sure. This has been the case for some time. Perhaps in version 3.

Couldn't agree with you more. The pits need new models and higher quality textures to be sure. This has been the case for some time. Perhaps in version 3.

Won't be a version 3... this "attack" mentality is the reason I don't do FS addons any longer. It's not a money maker, despite what some might think... thus it has to be for the love of it... and threads that go south like this one's been doing wipe out any love... so, no point.

See... just because a developer didn't do a project with everything the way you want things done doesn't mean it's a bad product. It just isn't. So treating it as such is unfair.

Now I've waded into one of these disgusting threads again... *shudder* I'm outta here.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If i remember correctly FADEC wasn´t implemented yet when the CJ1+ was published (could be mistaken and it´s another thing) and was being worked on. Would like to know if this has been completed, was awaiting for this to buy the plane (meanwhile a very happy Citation X pilot).

And agree about the comments regarding VC. You made a gigantic leap in system programming with the Citation X, and pulled it off really well. But people will always point to the weakest link of the chain and in your case that´s the VC right now (and i would say the only weak link on your products). It´s no problem for me, but obviously it is for other people. Get an upgrade to those cockpits and you will have really solid products, in a segment barely covered by any developer.

Some just aren't open to criticism and get way too emotional when it's provided anyway. It's a shame, because emotion and business rarely fit together. And as far as Flight Sim add-on's not being a money maker I'm guessing companies like PMDG and ORBX would strongly disagree. It is true though that few are able to pull it off to their level.

- Aaron

The constant negative refrain against 3PDs whether Eaglesoft, F1, Airsimmer, Wilco/FT and sundry freeware and commercial developers of FS Content and of course the MSFS Franchise itself has the effect of stifling growth in the "community".

Those who post such would do well to examine their numbers here as opposed to those who do not frequent this forum or any other for that matter.

There are a great number of simmers who do not enter public forums to bash devs or their products but are rather too busy enjoying the products with their limited sim time.

As for us, we've seen this movie before and a rehash is really not of interest today. :Nerd:

If i remember correctly FADEC wasn´t implemented yet when the CJ1+ was published (could be mistaken and it´s another thing) and was being worked on. Would like to know if this has been completed, was awaiting for this to buy the plane (meanwhile a very happy Citation X pilot).

And agree about the comments regarding VC. You made a gigantic leap in system programming with the Citation X, and pulled it off really well. But people will always point to the weakest link of the chain and in your case that´s the VC right now (and i would say the only weak link on your products). It´s no problem for me, but obviously it is for other people. Get an upgrade to those cockpits and you will have really solid products, in a segment barely covered by any developer.

CJ1+ 2.0 FADEC was planned but will no longer be implimented due to personel changes.

I've made one statement regarding future VC improvements and am no longer inclined to discuss the subject. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why not simply state your problem without the snarky remarks? You can plainly see that folks from Eaglesoft are active here at AVSIM, so being a bit more polite would really go a long ways towards resolving whatever problems you are having.

If you are not seeing the entire virtual cockpit then most likely the installation has failed due to User permissions. As a first step I'd suggest reinstalling from the F1 Wrapper by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator." This should allow the installer to do its job despite any Windows Permission issues.

As for having to be manually approved for the forums, you have all the spambots to thank for that. When registration was automatic, it was not at all unusual to have up to 500 bogus registrations per day... :Hypnotized:

I guess you have never really wanted to fly an airplane and then had to wait 5 days to fly it after having to pay for it. I don't like it and I am still upset but, I'll get over it I guess. Now just want my money back.

As for the installation: I shut off all of my AV software and did "Run as Administrator" Don't know what happened but, before I bother the technical folks I also deleted and reinstalled it 3 different times. I got and am still getting the same results.

The reason I vented on this forum is because I did see that ES was very active and is extreamely helpful with solving problems. So I was reaching out and I did not mean to show my anger, or maybe I did. At least I felt better after writing the reply.

GEAR UP AND OFF,

I have checked my config file and cannot find "HIGHMEMFIX" can you give me any help?

Thanks in advance.

GEAR UP AND OFF,

I have checked my config file and cannot find "HIGHMEMFIX" can you give me any help?

Thanks in advance.

It's not normally there. I think you have to put HIGHMEMFIX=1 under the [GRAPHICS] section of the fsx.cfg file.