Sign in to follow this  
Emad

Is the 777-300ER included in the base pack?

Sort of confused here − RSR stated in the conference that both the 777-200LR and the 777-300ER will be available in the base pack, but Tabs recently made a post saying that the 777-300ER will be the first expansion to the base 777-200LR.

looking forward to fly this beautiful aircraft. After RSR told about the 777 on the Munich convention, the days and hours has gone by soo slowly. :-) But just have to wait! :-P

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

RSR just meant that the 200LR and 300ER would be the first ones to be released, not that they were in the same package.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Does this mean that the freight version is included in the base pack? Or is it a separate package for later?

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Does this mean that the freight version is included in the base pack? Or is it a separate package for later?

Manfred

:rolleyes:

Correct. 200LR is base pack, 300ER is first expansion.

The base pack will solely be the -200LR.

:rolleyes:

Is that a "of course it is" or a "of course it isn't"? :Thinking:

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

What about the non LR/ER varients? They are still in production I believe. And that fact didn't stop PMDG from releasing a 737-900 varient, which has long been out of production.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

The other variants will come later if there's enough interest/demand. The big thing here is the engine types - the 200LR, 300ER and 777F all have essentially the same engine, the GE90-115B (-110B on some LRs). Modelling the engine performance data and the FMC performance libraries for them is one of the most time consuming parts of our development of an airliner. Doing it this way is going to get three variants in your hands quickly. If we did the 200ER with all the different versions of the GE, PW and RR engines first, it would stretch the development time way out. We think most people would rather be flying the larger GE engined variants while waiting for the others, similar to what we did with the NGX. It's the same story there too - the 800 and 900 have the same engine rating, that's why we didn't do the 900ER first. Has nothing to do with what's in production currently etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The other variants will come later if there's enough interest/demand. The big thing here is the engine types - the 200LR, 300ER and 777F all have essentially the same engine, the GE90-115B (-110B on some LRs). Modelling the engine performance data and the FMC performance libraries for them is one of the most time consuming parts of our development of an airliner. Doing it this way is going to get three variants in your hands quickly. If we did the 200ER with all the different versions of the GE, PW and RR engines first, it would stretch the development time way out. We think most people would rather be flying the larger GE engined variants while waiting for the others, similar to what we did with the NGX. It's the same story there too - the 800 and 900 have the same engine rating, that's why we didn't do the 900ER first. Has nothing to do with what's in production currently etc.

Yay thanks Ryan! I can't wait for the 777.

Really hoping for the 777-200ER as this is what British Airways has. Would love to simulate a flight I went on from EGKK-KTPA.

Gavin Price

Really hoping for the 777-200ER as this is what British Airways has. Would love to simulate a flight I went on from EGKK-KTPA.

I know how you feel. I would like the 300ER to be the first. I want to do the same thing as you with ANA routes. Luckily, I can still do the same routes in a 200LR and in a PMDG 777. "In a PMDG 777," I'm so happy at that thought.