Sign in to follow this  
Oovee

Baron 58P Sound Pack

WTH!

I tried DX10, and didn't have any problems with sound... make sure that FSX is using the correct sound board in SETTING/SOUND/WINDOWS SOUND DEVICES pull down menus.

Still having some sound issues, mainly the flaps, very little if any sound here.........I first installed the Aazone(?) sound package where you remove the default and then inset this one, then the flap issue, next I added the Oovee package, which it looks like it changes a portion of the total sound files, but does not affect the flaps as far as I can figure out......only thing left is to put back the default, then add the Oovee.....will try that ......any suggestions on how to set the sound sliders for best results ? B42L8

I have my sliders 100% except the engine; 75%

The only thing I can recommend is to look in your sound.cfg and make sure all the .wav sounds used match what is in the sound.cfg

so in other words, in the sound.cfg, you'll see;

[FLAPS]

filename=B58_flaps

flags=0

viewpoint=1

initial_volume=10000

minimum_volume=0

maximum_volume=10000

make sure you have a file called "B58_flaps" in the sound folder, and the spelling/case is exact.

Sound folder will be in C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado BARON 58/sound

Now we are getting somewhere............looked in the Sound.cfg, and did not have a FLAPS, maybe this is why??.......................WHERE DO i GET THE RIGHT ONE, OR COPY A COMPLETE cfg?? B42L8

Ok, in the sound folder is a bunch of .wav sounds. look for anything named "flaps", or listen to each one to find it. Copy the name, and add my above post [flaps] section USING THE FILE NAME OF YOUR FLAPS FILE.

If you have the oovee sound set, it should have replaced everything

THAT DID IT!! many, many thanks!....what would all of us techless simmers do with out help like this??......if you don't mind, re: the Oovee sounds, there are less than half of the sound wave files noted as Oovee, I may have to send this whole file to show what I mean.........and, the switches have no sound either, they did when I installed the Arizone package in liu of the default?........B42L8

I got to thinking, I did not say this is happening with the Caranado B 58, so that is the sound folder I refer to, and the sound cfg. is in the MSFSX/simobjects/airplanes/sound folder, that had the FLAPS/mmss (or something like that).......now that has the info you had in your post........not sure this is relevant, but, the first time I installed the Ariazone sounds, I put it in the Sound folder, not the Carenado/sound folder, so I have all these wave files setting there........my tech friend (who built this system), said that is OK as it won't hurt anything.......but maybe it affects the cfg??...........maybe this helps find the gremlins..B42L8

Ok, looks like you installed the sound file into the wrong folder. Make sure you install into the Carenado B58 file. You can move the file where it's at to the carenado b58 folder by griping it, and dragging it to it... or copy/paste. It wont hurt anything where it is though.