Sign in to follow this  
CaptainTas

Eicas of B777

ACARS/CPDLC probably not.

Thanks for the clarification Ryan, Do you think there would be any scope of a third-party developer to be in a position to develope something that makes it usable?

Chris

Hello PMDG,

Ivao just launched the "http://datalink.ivao.aero/index.php" (DATALINK SYSTEM, You Need To Be IVAO member to access this page)

I also know that via "FSUIPC" and "THE IVAP CONFIGURATOR" we can activate the transponder in TA/RA in the plane and it is automatically turns ON into ivap.

The datalink system also functions via IVAP, maybe we could via the ACAR system of the 777 request a clearance to the data link system and receive clearance on this same ACAR system? (As if the system was merge with ivap ) What do you think? Maybe you could ask the staff of IVAO details of this system and its operation?

In any case it would be really great to have this same system inside the 777.

Thank you for any response :)

see you soon

Kevin

It would be nice if someone can use the SDK and get squawk box or FSInn incoming texts to appear in the EICAS.

I don't personally think putting FSINN and SB into the Comm page some how with CPDLC etc is good. Simply because "Text" mode on SB really is CPDLC.. I don't see how someone could create the proper CDPLC page in the 777 itself to work with VATSIM, I mean if it could then all the better but wouldn't that mean a Software update/mod to what the ATC guys use? Putting all SB/FSX ATC messages coming in the Comm page is not a good idea in my eyes. I was only personally hoping for maybe ''Dummy CPDLC'' so you could fill it out and send it off and it do nothing within VATSIM or FSX. Simply to add to the realism!

But hay, if another dev wants to play around with it and make it work then it could be good.. Just my thoughts on it :biggrin:

I don't see how someone could create the proper CDPLC page in the 777 itself to work with VATSIM, I mean if it could then all the better but wouldn't that mean a Software update/mod to what the ATC guys use?

The primary ATC software in Europe allows easy plugin creation and implementation.

If the aircraft software side of things can be programmed, I'm sure that the ATC client side of things will be trivial.

Key word:- If. :)

Chris.

For VATSIM, we need new client software first. I hope PMDG will make nonsimulated functions for all systems, so one can "easily" connect them with external software via SDK.

For VATSIM, we need new client software first. I hope PMDG will make nonsimulated functions for all systems, so one can "easily" connect them with external software via SDK.

VATSIM is making a new pilot client. Recently, I recieved a NOTAM from them announcing the new ATC client (I don't care) which probably means the pilot client is coming soon.

Great news! Squawk Box is always making my FSX crash these days..

I have a solution for your problems with Squawkbox :Peace: Join IVAO and use IVAP :Whistle: IVAP works almost perfectly Big%20Grin.gif

regards,

Alexander Marx

Great news! Squawk Box is always making my FSX crash these days..

Run it externally, I never have an issue with sqawkbox when its running under that method. Internally it always crashed and it might be an FSX issue because I never have a problem with it under FS9.

Run it externally, I never have an issue with sqawkbox when its running under that method. Internally it always crashed and it might be an FSX issue because I never have a problem with it under FS9.

I already do.