Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Making of a new FSX.cfg file

Now that's good news, guys. The community once again showed how it's done. :smile:

Indeed! :Applause:

BUT - one more question on this. This got me thinking and I went and read thru the read-me file that comes with the Bojote Shader Mod 3 installation files. It states:

" ...the following changes will be performed on your fsx.cfg file:"

[GRAPHICS]

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 - added

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10 - removed

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED - removed

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION - removed

[MAIN]

PerfBucket - removed

Procspeed - removed

And then goes on to say "All the removed values except SHADER_CACHE_VERSION will be written again by FSX to your fsx.cfg in the next restart..."

So my question then is when rebuilding the fsx.cfg by deleting the current one, what about these other changes? Mention is only made of adding the ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 back, but not removing SHADER_CACHE_VERSION which it seems should be deleted permanently when using this mod. Nothing is mentioned about running the Shader Mod 3 installer again either. What are the thoughts on this?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I can't tell you much about the mechanics, but I don't have that entry in my cfg and it seems that it isn't necessary. The rest is there, but SHADER_CACHE_VERSION isn't.

I don't run the 3.0 mod, but a had a while back. Don't know if that helps.

Greg,

Don't know if this will help but when I made the new config I only had the following referencing shader, which gave me the "ghost planes" etc.

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

When I added "ALLOW_SHADER_30=1"and started FSX nothing else was changed. I have now used Srdan's Software Guide and so far pleased with the results.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks CoolIP, ctiger,

I am also leaving it as is, having just added the ALLOW-SHADER_30=1 and nothing else with respect to the shader 3 mod.

Like you I have now applied Srdan's guide to the letter (fsx.cfg and nVidia Inspector) and I am extremely happy.

One thing I did notice prior to doing this - for those using a mix of Bojotes tweaks and Srdan's simultaneously - the Bojote setting for Force Full Screen V Sync = 1 actually harms frame rate when applying Srdan's settings relating to VSync and greatly increases stutters in dense scenery. Hence Srdan's advice to delete fsx.cfg and start afresh is rather important (and in fairness he does stress this upfront in his guide). Many of those adopting his tweaks will run into "our little problem" - I'm sure there are many others running this shader mod.... and now reading about his tweaks.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor