Sign in to follow this  
Pville211

CH Control Manager enhances the MS Flight experience

If you have CH controllers then you can use CH Control Manager, which greatly enhances the MS Flight experience. I recently acquired a CH Fighterstick and a CH Pro Throttle. The attached document details the capabilities I discovered when experimenting with CH Control Manager.

• Is seamless with MS Flight configurations. You use this with MS Flight configs, not instead of MS Flight configs.
  • Protects you from lost control configurations in MS Flight.
  • Maps ANY keyboard command to controller buttons, and allows you to mix keyboard commands with flight control commands on 4-way switches.
  • Corrects the 90-degree offset in the Pro Throttle hat switch.
  • Allows controller buttons to work anywhere in MS Flight, not just in the simulation screen (teaser: you can use one button to switch to the map screen AND back again to the flying screen).
  • Adjusts controller sensitivity and null zones.
  • Configures single-press commands to be action commands (for example, you can slide your eyepoint left instead of using repetitive button presses).
  • Configures buttons to do real camera zooming, not just incremental changes.

I'm happy with the CH controllers, and I'm very happy with the CH Control Manager capabilities. I thought I should share this info with other users.

My doc does not replace the Control Manager user guide; understanding the program involves reading the manual. And I'm a novice CH user, so questions should be directed to the forum as a whole, because I probably don't know the answer.

Have a great day!

Well, although I no longer have it, I used to use that software together with CH Propedals and Flightstick Pro, and it was a great tool!!!

Thanks a lot for the precious info!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is seamless with MS Flight configurations. You use this with MS Flight configs, not instead of MS Flight configs.

Similarly, if you have Saitek yoke or pedals, you can configure them with their software to work with Flight (I have some things configure by Flight configs, and other things configured by Saitek configs... they can work together to make the experience that much better!

Same for Logitech, TM, and other software.

Configuring some buttons to send keystrokes allowed me to work around some limitations in Flight's control options.

Configuring some buttons to send keystrokes allowed me to work around some limitations in Flight's control options.

Indeed, same with the TM software, first with my Cougar and now with my new Warthog. Having the ability to send key commands to buttons, along with being able to assign multiple key commands to invididual buttons is a great benefit, even with a flight sim that is fairly simple regarding controller functions.