Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Repaint request?

Hello!

Could somebody tell me where I can request a repaint for NGX? I have already tried it in 'PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability' thread some months ago but nobody have responsed. Are there other places to request one?

Can somebody make for me a repaint? Unfortunately, I am not able to repaint a livery and just for one aircraft I cannot motivate myself and would also not able to reach the quality of an experienced repainter; perhaps I will learn it in future if I get more time and motivation for that but I need it a bit 'urgend' for now.

Kind regards

If you don't mind paying £10 for the privilege, you can always go to fs-repaints.co.uk ..... got a lovely Thomas Cook from there.

Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Thanks, but honestly I was looking for a free option ^^ Are there any?

Then just wait and remind the painters of yourself once in a while.

I just read that post and really had to shake my head, I guess my younger ego would have written something totally else here, but hey things change...I guess that's called wisdom. :smile:

Nameless, you are asking for a place where you can request repaints, coincidentally there's a subforum here, where can you post exactly such things. Here you go:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/217-the-paint-request-forum/

On a side note, for future requests you might want to name which livery/airline/scheme you are looking for or even post an image. The fish doesn't bite the fish hook, if there's no decoy attached.

So long...

I still believe this thread is the best one to request a livery for the NGX or at least the NGX forum in general. The Painters Forum gets requests for all types of aircraft, so your request there might get lost in the shuffle. For those of you wanting free repaints, keep in mind that a lot of us painting free liveries get tons of requests by PMs and e-mails. We sometimes can't get to them all for various reasons.

The difficulty of the repaint is a key. The availability of a required graphic or determining the font style used in the airline name can be hurdles that have to be overcome. I must commend Marcelo for taking on those ambitious repaints. He is clearly doing fantastic work and I will bet he's doing a lot by hand painting.

I can't speak for the other painters, but for me I have to like the livery before I'll even consider painting it, so if you don't hear from me on a public request...that's probably why.

I do prefer the -600/-700 series as I have more time in that paintkit and for me it has fewer challenges to work around. I do tend to concentrate on the older liveries because most of the official liveries are ones with more recent usage in real life. And since there were so few in the -600 series and that size aircraft relates to the older timeframes when I was growing up...that's what I have been painting.

If you read the paint request rules in the painters forum, it has a lot of points that make sense. The painter has to have the plane to paint it on. Some painters might only have the base -800/-900 NGX, so they would not be able to paint a -600/-700.

Give the request some time. After a week if there hasn't been a response, bump it back up again. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing and where a painter might be regarding free time and other paint projects.

Just my thoughts on the subject...

Steve, good post.

As for me, I mostly paint for myself. Something that I want to use myself, like the livery, or like the challenge of getting this or that done.

I have taken some requests outside this realm and it was not good...

Hi!

It should be an Inter Airlines - TC-IEA, B738. Inter Airlines was a charter airline based in Antalya, Turkey. The B738's were in operation from 2002 to 2006, thereafter they have had just A321. In 2008 the airline ceased all their operations because of the global financial crisis. It would be not pretty realistic, because this airlines does not exist anymore, but nevertheless I think it would be nice to have one in FS!

I hope anybody can get some time and interest for this repaint.

PS: mcnobody, nice for you :-)

That would not be a hard livery to paint. It's just the tail, engine logos and the main lettering on the side of the fuselage. There are no difficult areas in that livery. I'm sure any of the painters that contribute might step up and paint it. My plate has several in-line at the moment. If noone picks it up, I "might" consider it.

Just a suggestion...nothing personal. You might want to sign your full name to your posts (required by forum rules). That might get you more responses to your request. Having just a nickname and no other information in your profile other than "Gender - Not Telling" comes across as being distant Just a thought and suggestion. It's up to you. Have a great day! :smile:

InterAir-738.jpg