Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

MSVBVM60.DLL and others, again!

Hello everyone, again,

FSX has been really stable until lately. I keep getting crashes once again while trying to access menus or end flight, but unlike before when it would just end and resume to the desktop, now when you try and access the menu the screen will just go black and you have to kill the program in the task manager. Some of them report as a MSVBVM60.DLL error, some unknown, some nothing at all. I have done a bit of research and it show up as been an FSInn/FSCoPilot error, but that has been installed for a while (still unable to get past the processing aircraft stage though if anyone knows how to fix that).

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks,

Guest firehawk44

MSVBVM60.DLL is part of the MS Visual 6 runtime files and is required for applications that were developed/created with Microsoft Visual 6.0. FSCopilot and maybe FSInn too were made for previous versions of FS and it makes sense (to me) that FSCoPilot was developed with MSV6.0 runtime files. I have no record of MSV6.0 installed on my system but I do have the MSVBVM60.DLL installed in my Windows\SysWow64 folder and Windows\System32 folder (it was probably part of Windows 7 installation for backward compatibility). I do not have FSCoPilot or FSInn installed though. There have been a lot of issues with FSCoPilot and FSInn working together and you may have seen them already if you Googled FSCopilot/FSInn error but they appear to have been fixed by the users. I would reinstall MSV 6.0 and see if that fixes the problem. Here's the link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887. The version I have installed is 6.0.98.15 dated 7/13/2009.

To determine whether FSInn/FSCoPilot are at fault, I would uninstall them and see if that fixes the problems.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks once again Jim. I will try reinstalling MSV 6.0 and if that doesn't work I will try uninstalling FSInn and FSCopilot and running squawkbox.

Thanks once again Jim. I will try reinstalling MSV 6.0 and if that doesn't work I will try uninstalling FSInn and FSCopilot and running squawkbox.

Ended up having to do both and haven't encountered a mid flight crash while going to the menu but I did have a little trouble exiting the sim when it crashed, I will update after a few more flights tomorrow

Nup, crashes again. Black screen and this time nothing in the crash log. Hopefully moving to P3D soon...

Guest firehawk44

There should be something in the Event Viewer. Click on the Start button and in the search box type Event then look up and click on Event Viewer. Click on Events (local) then Administrative.

Best regards,

Jim

There should be something in the Event Viewer. Click on the Start button and in the search box type Event then look up and click on Event Viewer. Click on Events (local) then Administrative.

Best regards,

Jim

OK, I will try that the next time it crashes.

Guest firehawk44

Okay, but the events stay there until they are deleted.

Best regards,

Jim

OK, so this time something came up:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: window.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Little different to last time, but I have not seen one come up twice, they are all different.

I cant get the crash report for a lot of them because it cant actually crash, I get the black screen and have to exit, could it because of Shade for FSX i have recently added.

And another one, just to show their range of crashes

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Hang

Date: 16/07/2012 8:51:20 PM

Event ID: 1002

Task Category: (101)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Andrew-PC

Description:

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 13a0

Start Time: 01cd632e1a6dd575

Termination Time: 25

Application Path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Report Id:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-07-16T10:51:20.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>5869</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Andrew-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>13a0</Data>

<Data>01cd632e1a6dd575</Data>

<Data>25</Data>

<Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Guest firehawk44

And another one, just to show their range of crashes

Andrew, As you can see by the following link an application hang can be caused by many different things - http://www.eventid.net/display-eventid-1002-source-Application%20Hang-eventno-1522-phase-1.htm. That link also shows how people fixed their problem. I would suggest it's something to do with memory settings in the BIOS or a low or high CPU voltage setting. I remember first setting up my system and was getting some unexplained crashes and it turned out to be memory frequency, timings, and voltages that caused the problem. I changed the settings based on those stated in the CPU-Z Memory Tab and have had no further problems. I was shocked it was my memory settings as I ran Prime95 and the Intel Burn Test and they never created a crash or indicated I had a problem. I personally think people should start throwing away Prime95 and the Intel Burn Test software and use FSX/Acceleration as the new testing platform.

Best regards,

Jim

OK, I will give it a shot. I don't really know where to start though, I am running the memory at stock which isn't really outrageous, just 9-10-9 1866 and 8GB of it. 1.36V for a 4.7GHz overclock which was stable for FSX prior to when these crashes began about 3 days ago.

Guest firehawk44

I would raise that overclock to no higher than 1.4000 volts. You have a pretty high overclock and the CPU requires more volts. As far as memory, you have to look at the various timing tables for your particular memory. This is shown in CPU-Z (and other programs) under the SPD tab as follows:

964CPUZ_SPD.jpg

Note the timing tables for frequencies you have set in your BIOS. You didn't indicate the DRAM voltage but it should be no higher than what's in the last line. The frequencies must be multiplied by two. So, in my example above, 800 MHz would equal 1600 in the BIOS. But in order to get the max frequency, you must use the X.M.P. Profile in the BIOS. This is what NickN recommends. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim