Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 Beacon light illuminaitng engine and wing

PMDG team,

I was wondering if the beacon light will illuminate the wing and engine cowling at night like in the real world? I was very surpirsed when i realized this doesn't happen on the NGX, especially when you consider it did happen with the NG in FS2004. To me it adds additional realism when flying at night.

What do you guys think, do you want to see it on the 777?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

i remember the old days of fs98 when flying in an overcast layer at night, with the strobe lights on would cause flashes as the lights reflected off the clouds, its funny how over the years how unrealistic flightsim has become :(

i remember the old days of fs98 when flying in an overcast layer at night, with the strobe lights on would cause flashes as the lights reflected off the clouds, its funny how over the years how unrealistic flightsim has become :(

Can't remember which sim it was, but loosing the wing and exterior view flying through cloud. No idea why that's not in FSX. I agree on the beacon! Also the 777 does have Nav & Strobe lights reflecting on the ground but they're not as bright as the NG. Having what the guy above said would be cool!

PMDG team,

I was wondering if the beacon light will illuminate the wing and engine cowling at night like in the real world? I was very surpirsed when i realized this doesn't happen on the NGX, especially when you consider it did happen with the NG in FS2004. To me it adds additional realism when flying at night.

What do you guys think, do you want to see it on the 777?

Thanks!

Well, if you want realism than technically this shouldnt matter as pilots who are in cockpits cannot usually see the engine cowling and the flashy lights unless they poke their head out the window....

+1 on that one. I would also sugest the feature for cockpit anunciators...

Well, if you want realism than technically this shouldnt matter as pilots who are in cockpits cannot usually see the engine cowling and the flashy lights unless they poke their head out the window....

rest assured, I plan on poking my head out the window

rest assured, I plan on poking my head out the window

Don't forget to open it first! :P

You serious?

LOL. My biggest laugh of the day. Thank you.

no of course not

oh ok. I really thought you were serious. Glad you were not

You know, I distinctly remember is FS2002 days using PSS' A320...the beacon light would illuminate the underside of the fuselage+cowling. In fact, I'm pretty sure i've seen the same on default FSX aircraft.

With all the funky lighting techniques being used on the NGX and other add-on aircraft nowadays...it may have been something overlooked.