Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

TacPack in open beta

The long awaited TacPack for the VRS SuperBug is in open beta for those that have pre-ordered it. Go to the VRS site for details on how to download.

http://forums.vrsimu....php?f=1&t=9059

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

most unneeded add-on of the year.

I think it's great personally, nothing like seeing a hapless airliner going down in flames... :lol: :lol:

Bryan.

It's not compulsory. I probably won't use the multiplayer capability myself but the added systems modelling is impressive. If it lives up to the promises, it should have similar functionality to the DCS A-10c.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Well that was rude! I have nothing whatsoever to do with the development of this product but I find no call for that kind of response! None at all!

Ken

As the primary developer of the TacPack, I'm genuinely curious as to why this is your reaction.

I'll presume a bit and say that I know that in the past there was some concern we were going to "ruin" FS by allowing anyone to shoot down anyone else. Please understand this is not the case. Users with the TacPack cannot in any way harm non-TacPack users. Furthermore, we've gone out of our way to make sure the TacPack refuses to even attempt to fire weapons or create TacPack-specific objects in MP sessions where the host is not also running the TacPack. We get that not everyone is keen on combat and have explicitly made the TacPack something that can only affect those who choose to use it.

Chris

Most useless comment of the year.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

As the primary developer of the TacPack, I'm genuinely curious as to why this is your reaction.

I'll presume a bit and say that I know that in the past there was some concern we were going to "ruin" FS by allowing anyone to shoot down anyone else. Please understand this is not the case. Users with the TacPack cannot in any way harm non-TacPack users. Furthermore, we've gone out of our way to make sure the TacPack refuses to even attempt to fire weapons or create TacPack-specific objects in MP sessions where the host is not also running the TacPack. We get that not everyone is keen on combat and have explicitly made the TacPack something that can only affect those who choose to use it.

I'll admit that initially I was frustrated with the wait between the announcement for TacPack and now Beta.

When I look at the work put into the Super Hornet and now the TacPack and in the spare time of 3 guys. The least I can say is thanks.

Come on, "unneeded" really?

Most posts on the Avsim Forums that I have read are either people seeking advice or assistance or sharing valuable information and with positive returns. This was not one of them

This "unneeded" post speaks for itself.

Keith Guillory

I don't see that as unneeded as combat sims themselves have a HUGE fanbase...

I also notice that berryP has gone quiet after his one line baiter. Good luck to you little fella.

Would not surprise me that the AvSim staff sent him a little reminder about being nice and threw in a bit of "time" for him to consider the merits of it!

Cheers,

Ken

I will say very impressive graphics for the flammer there! TacPac could open up FS as the CFS4 we all waited on but were disappointed to find would not be coming.

Ken

Well that was rude!

Yes the comment was rude but there is something called "Freedom of Speech" here at AVSIM. I've seen worse.

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10