phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

Hmmm OOM's worst nightmare if you've got Orbx lol

Yup..same here

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you guys are having OOM errors, google 'Word Not Allowed OOM'

Or reduce settings... :lol:

I've got ORBX FTX, Vancouver+ in as well and haven't had any issues in over 10 mins of cruising around checking things out so far. Frames for me are unchanged over what I was getting before (high teens - low 20's in low ceiling current weather), but that's also from having no where near the amount of AI parking, which I'll be working on right away.

Will have to change months as this snow day effect ###### me :rolleyes: .. The operational Canada Line looks great as well.

I'm very impressed so far. Looks and runs great for me.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Process Explorer showed 3,702,100K VAS used when I was started out sitting at the gate. About 15 seconds after takeoff I got the first warning bell from FSUIPC. :(

If you guys are having OOM errors, google 'Word Not Allowed OOM'

I have already applied your magic.... But all this is in spite of that.

FSX's true achilles heel is its limit on Memory consumption. Not FPS... Cause in another 10-25 years, we could have faster processor and get more FPS... but the 4Gig limit is the end of the journey.

Even P3D unless they make it 64 bit, there is no chance in hell this is getting any better.!

Manny

Another reason for 64 bit simulators. Not for performance, but for this stupid 4GB limit. All these high detailed sceneries need and eat memory for breakfast. There should be some way to offload some of this to the GPU.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Not sure but sometimes these addons do not work until you buy full version not sure. I do not have PNW loaded.

Just read this at FTX forum: If you buy it remember to layer it on top of ORBS in your scenery library and remove any "CYVR" files from your ORBX PNW folder.

Rich Sennett

There should be some way to offload some of this to the GPU.

There is. Just use DirectX 10, since the scenery is 100% compatible with it (and we took great care to verify it is).

Under DirectX 10, there are considerable memory savings, since in DX9 the video card memory used by a DX9 application is copied into the system RAM, while this doesn't happen in DX10, which can access vram directly without that needless copy. This results in a considerable memory savings that, with lots of installed addons, might even equal the total amount of vram available.

Under DirectX 10, there are considerable memory savings, since in DX9 the video card memory used by a DX9 application is copied into the system RAM, while this doesn't happen in DX10

Hmm..... That just might be the impetus for me to go to DX10. Interesting!

I did notice something....moving to 64bit Win 7 from win 32 with the 3G switch and getting a 2Gig 670 card actually consumed more memory. It did not consume that much address space with the same scenery installed when I was in Win 32 with a lower video card. I did not have OOM issues (I had other issues like 4 fps) when I was using Win 32.

Manny

There is. Just use DirectX 10, since the scenery is 100% compatible with it (and we took great care to verify it is).

Under DirectX 10, there are considerable memory savings, since in DX9 the video card memory used by a DX9 application is copied into the system RAM, while this doesn't happen in DX10, which can access vram directly without that needless copy. This results in a considerable memory savings that, with lots of installed addons, might even equal the total amount of vram available.

Hmm..... That just might be the impetus for me to go to DX10. Interesting!

Thanks for that interesting tidbit. Might have to revisit the DX10 scenario. I never implemented it because of all the perceived problems.

And sadly P3D turned it completely off.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just read this at FTX forum: If you buy it remember to layer it on top of ORBS in your scenery library and remove any "CYVR" files from your ORBX PNW folder.

Can someone please provide the exact files that need to be moved and the location of these files?

Just finished ASA705 LAX-YVR. Some MVFR as I was approaching YVR, was amazing to see the airport unfold just below 300ft. Another winner from FSDT for sure!

Can someone please provide the exact files that need to be moved and the location of these files?

Are these the files?

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

found in FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery?

That looks like what your looking for but I do not have PNW loaded so I cant be sure of all of them but you prob have them all, scenery is awesome looking thinking its even better than klax but a bit hard on fps so I can see why PNW might be a problem.

Rich Sennett