Sign in to follow this  
Wolflikespie

Runway Clipping Glitch/Texture Overlap

Hi. Recently I've been having a rather severe problem in FSX airports. The taxiways and the runways overlap each other. Textures seem to be "fused". I've tried to fix it by switching off scenery, updating Orbx files, etc. I still don't know what the issue is. Can anyone help?

Here are some screenshots, these were taken at default KJFK:

2013-1-4_19-0-50-361_zps728c4a09.png

2013-1-4_19-0-13-631_zps6fe3c40f.png

2013-1-4_19-0-56-266_zps13cb64da.png

Anyone know what's up?

Other than the middle picture that shows a little tidying up is needed with one taxi node, I don't see your "severe problem". Pic #1 and #3 look normal, especially after looking at the airport in Google Earth.

Other than the middle picture that shows a little tidying up is needed with one taxi node, I don't see your "severe problem". Pic #1 and #3 look normal, especially after looking at the airport in Google Earth.

I don't think this is normal. I mean, why on earth would the textures suddenly go to the runway in the middle of a taxiway and then switch back to the taxiway texture? I have a few more examples from KLAX...

2013-1-5_15-29-55-587_zps6e7c51ae-1_zps8de128b2.jpg

2013-1-5_15-29-1-642_zpsdc60f009-1_zps6bc92785.jpg

I don't think this is normal. I mean, why on earth would the textures suddenly go to the runway in the middle of a taxiway and then switch back to the taxiway texture? I have a few more examples from KLAX...

The KLAX photos look weird and I don't remember the default KLAX looking like that, so the usual questions pertain.

1. If FSX airports used to look ok, what did you change or install to FSX that made it look like this suddenly as things like this can't happen magically without some interaction from the user. Did you update video drivers, install new scenery, click new options in FSX, etc?

2. Are you using DXT10 Preview in FSX?

3. Are you using any new AFCADS?

In addition, it's hard to solve problems with minimal information.

Can you post a copy of your scenery.cfg and screen shots of your FSX settings?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator