Sign in to follow this  
lfishe

Purchased Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System clock doesn't display system time

I just bought the Profight yoke system. I am running Win7 x64, I72700k, computer. Everything works great, assigned axis, buttons, etc with FSUIPC.. I push function on the yoke and it changes from the clock to the stop watch. I hit start, stop, reset, all works. It just will not display anything but zero's for the clock. How do I get the clock to work? I did not load Saitek drivers, I plugged in the yoke to my computer, the quadrant, and combat rudders to the yoke and Win 7 installed the drivers.

Thank you.

Lynn

I just viewed the manual for that system and it does not say how to set the clock. Is that a function of the software that comes with it? I have the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke and it does not feature a clock.

Oh! Just found it! Look at the linked page below. Says when you have their software and drivers installed the yoke will display your computer's time.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/yokefsx.html

Hummm! I sometimes change the FSX time when I fly. So I wonder when they say the PC's time if they mean the Windows time or the FSX time? I use both a clock and timer, but I had to add a Sporty's Pilot Shop timer to my yoke. It has clock and dual timers. Will also do timer count up or timer count down.

SaitekMulti-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Guest do_denver2

Did you go to the Saitek website and get the correct software/drivers for it. My Pro Flight Yoke looks slightly different, but the clock works, I think after I installed all of the software. Make sure you get exactly the right software, not the Cessna Flight Yoke or some other similar product.

Thanks for the heip. I really wanted to avoid their software. I had the X52 and used their software. I had plenty of trouble with it. I think when I was in either in their forum or hear on this one that other people were successful with just letting the OS install the drivers. Since I have FSUIPC registered I was hoping that someone might have a way to make it work.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You dont need their software, but you DO need their drivers. Grab their drivers of their website and just install those alone, nothing else.

Its only the correct version of what Windows has tried to do anyway :-)

The yoke takes the time directly from your PC, not from FSX..

Thanks allot! I will go their and get the drivers.

Lynn

Guest do_denver2

Yep..... I just checked... I didn't install the software but the drivers yes.... It fixed a few minor problems and my clock works.

It fixed a few minor problems and my clock works.

Result... Your Avatar says it perfectly on this one :P

I am contemplating purchasing this unit but am concerned about having to use the under table/desk support bracket to secure it from movement. I'm talking about the yolk, not the throttle quadrant.

My reason for concern is that I have a sliding keyboard drawer that is mounted just under the front lip of my desk. The drawer holds the keyboard and allows the keyboard to be pushed back in under the desk when not in use. I really desire to retain this sliding drawer. For those that have the Pro Flight Yoke System, do you think I could secure the yoke assembly to the top surface of the desk using multiple velcro strips to prevent both forward and lateral movement of the yoke?

Installing the drivers worked to get the clock working.

hightower

I think it is likely, You are pushing and pulling on it and not lifting. You've got a 9 inch by 9 inch flat surface to put the velcro on. You are not exerting that much force to move the yoke in and out, twisting the yoke left and right.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. I suspect it might work as you confirmed what I thought it might be in that the inward and outward movement is moderate to minimal.

Now to find the best deal!

Thanks

Chris

The yoke takes the time directly from your PC, not from FSX..

That's almost as useless as a clock that displays all zeros. I've already got a clock on my desk that displays the same time as on my PC, but I seldom ever fly in my own time zone.

Looks like you can avoid the software if you want, just ignore the clock, which is going to be wrong in any case.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

do you think I could secure the yoke assembly to the top surface of the desk using multiple velcro strips to prevent both forward and lateral movement of the yoke?

I have experience with this and a CH yoke that I previously had as it's mounting was small and would not extend far enough back under my desk to secure it. I tried velcro and it did not work well. It was not held firm when leverage was applied to the yoke. I seriously doubt that velcro will keep it stable enough to satisfy you,

Now, that being said. I have the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke and just examined it. It has four holes on the bottom with threaded bushings. Do not know if the regular Pro Flight Yoke has the same bushings. If so you may be able to drill matching holes in your desk and use a length of threaded fastener that would reach through into the yoke's bushings, such as a knurled nut. If you look at the photo of my yoke with the Saitek Multi-Panel mounted on top of it (in my earlier post above in this thread) you can see four such knurled knob screws hold the multi-panel to it's mount. The same type knurled threaded fasteners secure the multi-panel's mount to the same type threaded bushings in the top of the yoke. You can see four of them at each corner of the multi-panel. You would need longer ones to mount the yoke to the desk. The bushed holes I am speaking about are about 4 1/2 inches apart and straddle the yoke shaft. They are set back about 3/4 of an inch from the front edge of the bottom of the yoke. The second set of bushed holes correspond near the back of the yoke. The clock/timer mounted on my yoke is about 3 inches in width, so the bushings on the bottom of my yoke about 1 1/2 inches further apart than the edges of the clock/timer.

I'll post a photo in a few minutes and then others with the Pro Flight can report if that model has the same or similar bushings.

Okay. Here is the bottom of the Saitek Cessna Pro Flight Yoke with the holes identified with yellow arrows. The bushed holes are smaller. Don't get excited about the other holes you see. They are not bushed and are likely not useful for mounting.

SaitekYokeBushings-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

fppilot:

Thanks for the photo. Makes it a lot clearer as to the possibilities for securing. Looking at the bottom of your unit, what are the 4 circular areas? Almost look like locations for adhesive pads. I'm thinking perhaps I could use very sticky adhesive rubber feet and secure the unit that way. What are your thoughts?

Hightower,

The circular areas are non-slip pads. Thin rubber or such.

Are you talking about permanently glueing the yoke to the desk? Sticky feet? Have you used a yoke before? The effort required is somewhat realistic to real life and that creates enough force that the yoke needs to be securely mounted. Velcro or sticky feet in my humble opinion will not provide that kind of secure mount. My previous CH yoke had small contact points for the jaws that tightened against the bottom of my desk, which had a lip. Those underneath contact points were perhaps an inch past that lip. That yoke would slip loose from time to time from the effort used against the yoke. I think you should consider mounting other than velcro or sticky feet.

Frank Patton
ASUS