Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Run Time Error '713'

I tried to start RC4 yesterday for the first time with P3D and got this error message:

Run Time Error '713': Class not registered...Need filtering file MTTDFMT.dll

Thoughts?

Todd

i'm pretty sure there is a pinned topic at the top of the forum

if you need further instructions or help, email me, and i'll send you more detailed instructions 

jd

JD, I completely missed that pinned topic. My apologies. I'll give it a go tonight and drop you an email if I have any further issues. Thanks!

Todd

I searched for MTTDFMT.dll with no luck. MTTDFMT is not listed in the run time modules RC4 uses. Are you sure it was not msstdfmt.dll?

If so you can get a copy from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt and click only the download zip tab, not the fixer. Then extract it into a temp folder and copy the file to the paths for your operating system as indicated in the 713 pinned topic.

If it is mttdft.dll then see if P3D installed it somewhere and then follow the registration procedures in the 713 topic.

Ronzie,

You are correct, it is the msstdfmt.dll file. My error. I downloaded the zip file, placed it in the appropriate folders according to the readme that came with the file, and then followed JD's instructions in the pinned topic. Everything works now. Thank you!

Todd

I did the stupid mistake and installed the fixer (Haste and ignorance made me install this wretched pushware, there should be a law against these crapware peddlers. I feel violated every time I need to spend time uninstalling them!), It seems I'll never learn :(

Anyway, a quick search confirmed that the DLL was present in the System32 folder. Another MSSTDFMT.DLL was present in the SysWOW64 folder, possibly the 32-bit version (WIN7 64-bit is my OPSYS).

But unlike Todd's case, it didn't stop RC from complaining : "Class not registered". The error message popped up just like it did before the aforementioned "fixer" debacle.

I know of a possible fix for this, but haste and ignorance is not going to get the better of me this time!

And before I proceed, I want someones opinion on my possible solution:

In my research, I found that a new DLL needs to be registered in the Windows registry for it to function properly. And this is done using the command line utility Regsvr32, with the following syntax :

%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe %windir%\SysWoW64\msstdfmt.dll

(This syntax will register the 32-bit version. A bit odd with the "64" present in the foldername, but this is where the 32-bit version DLLs are stored on a 64-bit system.)

But this thread got me second guessing myself:
If I understand you correctly Todd, all you did was to copy the MSSTDFMT.DLL to your System32 folder, and do a reboot? Then problem solved?

If this is true, then my setup should also work!!

I'm proceeding with caution now, don't want this to blow up in my face :(

Any thoughts ?

PS:
You can't really blame me for being hasty. Reading the reviews on Radar Contact made me want this software up and running yesterday :lol:

-----------------------------------------------

Morten Haughom

Greetings from the sticks!

N70° 22' 23 - E031° 06' 02

Vardø, Norway

Hello, Morten, and welcome to RC4.

I would try reregistering it from the System 32 folder.

Also, the 713 error can come from other missing runtime .dll or .ocx files. Did the error message specifically address msstdfmt.dll?

Did the "fixer"install any type of other items such as pop-ups?

I would also download the .zip file and manually install the .dll from that overwriting the current installations in both folders, then reregister from the system 32 folder.

Hi Ron!

ronzie, on 26 Jun 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Hello, Morten, and welcome to RC4.

Thank you, I really look forward to my first flight with realistic ATC :).

Also, the 713 error can come from other missing runtime .dll or .ocx files. Did the error message specifically address msstdfmt.dll?

Yes it did!

Did the "fixer"install any type of other items such as pop-ups?

Yep it did! After a reboot, just to check if WIN7 would "accept the MSSTDFMT.DLL into the fold", a window popped up from the tray. Telling me that my registry had over 400 errors! It was at this point I understood what I had done and became somewhat agitated. Revo Uninstaller was launched without delay, and hopefully it got rid of everything the fixer installed on my system.

I would also download the .zip file and manually install the .dll from that overwriting the current installations in both folders, then reregister from the system 32 folder.

Ok Ron, sounds like a plan. Stand-by for update :)

Morten Haughom

Vardø, Norway

Hi Ron

Followed your instructions to the letter, and RC seems to work without flaws!

Many thanks for your help :)

I will of course have to complete a flight before I give my RC installation a clean bill of health, but it looks very promising :)

I have several more questions to ask, but I'll read the manual and search the forums first.

There's is however two question I need to ask before I go explore:

Is there a way to reset the RC<->FSX connection without closing the RC application running outside FSX? The reason I ask, is that I forgot to set correct MSA in the "Controller Info" window before I clicked "Run RC". Despite the button's unambiguous name, I didn't expect the application to close when I clicked "Quit RC". Only to revert RC to its previous state: Disconnected from FSX.

It's not a big deal, just want to make sure I haven't missed something.

Second question:

The "quick start" manual states that the flightplan used in RC must also be loaded in FSX?

Have I understood this initialization step correctly?

Morten Haughom

Vardø, Norway

Unless FSX needs it for some reason such as an aircraft gauge/FMC/etc that requires loading the plan into FSX, you do not need to do it. For instance, if using an ad-on planner such as FSBuild, Flight Sim Commander, or other utility you just need to put it into the folder where the FSX planner would normally store it so you can retrieve it for FSX if necessary as well as RC,etc. In your case it would be I believe under your documents folder as the folder "Flight Simulator X Files". This is also where the flt-wx files are stored that needs to be set for RC.

This is what I think the manual refers to store the .pln in that folder so you can browse to it for RC's purposes or the plan needs to be used by the FS default aircraft as used in the tutorials. When browsing in setting up RC's path do not cancel out of it if you change you mind, just Ok it and then redo it. Cancelling out of a browse can cause a corruption of one of the configuration files requiring a reinstallation of RC if not backed up. In your RCv4x folder create a new folder under that called configuration backups. In that folder place a copy of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat. If they corrupt in the main RCv4X folder, you can copy the backups from that backup folder. Taking these precautions can save a lot of time avoiding a reinstall.

To get to RC's Window (not the one in the aircraft) once it has been started just alt-tab to get there and alt-tab to get back to your FS flight window. If you quit FS before you shut RC down from the inflight menu, RC4 will hang and you will need to go to the Windows Task Manager to abort it.

Most changes made to the RC full screen window once the flight has started with RC running will not take effect and might cause a problem. Switching to it and bringing up the controller page is useful however for getting information.

At least read through the tutorials to show how many of the choices are made to properly use RC in various situations so you can understand what is going on.

Now that you have successfully installed RC you need to update FSUIPC from the links at:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

first the full version update and then the interim if needed.

Update makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and once the update is installed run the RC scenery update again. This is needed since several fixes to the items have been adopted since the distribution of RC4 by download or CD was put together.

Lastly, be sure RC is declared safe and excluded from filtering in any virus/security app you are using since it continually accesses FSX once you start it making some security apps think it is a virus and then blocks it. See the pinned topic about this.

Take your time and don't rush start using simple default aircraft and airports to simplify the learning process and soon you'll be able to handle advanced aircraft and situations.

Unless FSX needs it for some reason such as an aircraft gauge/FMC/etc that requires loading the plan into FSX, you do not need to do it. For instance, if using an ad-on planner such as FSBuild, Flight Sim Commander, or other utility you just need to put it into the folder where the FSX planner would normally store it so you can retrieve it for FSX if necessary as well as RC,etc. In your case it would be I believe under your documents folder as the folder "Flight Simulator X Files". This is also where the flt-wx files are stored that needs to be set for RC.

Checked!

In your RCv4x folder create a new folder under that called configuration backups. In that folder place a copy of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat. If they corrupt in the main RCv4X folder, you can copy the backups from that backup folder. Taking these precautions can save a lot of time avoiding a reinstall.

Good advice! Will do right away!

To get to RC's Window (not the one in the aircraft) once it has been started just alt-tab to get there and alt-tab to get back to your FS flight window. If you quit FS before you shut RC down from the inflight menu, RC4 will hang and you will need to go to the Windows Task Manager to abort it.

Most changes made to the RC full screen window once the flight has started with RC running will not take effect and might cause a problem. Switching to it and bringing up the controller page is useful however for getting information.

At least read through the tutorials to show how many of the choices are made to properly use RC in various situations so you can understand what is going on.

We're not on the same page here Ron. My question was poorly constructed. But now I'm not entirely sure if it is an issue after all. And I need to ask another question to clarify:

Is it true that all the RC settings are locked when you click the "Start RC" button? Effectively starting your ATC session/flight in FSX.

Now that you have successfully installed RC you need to update FSUIPC from the links at:

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

first the full version update and then the interim if needed.

I recently purchased a FSUIPC license. And the FSUIPC installer (launched by the RC installer), aborted installation when it found I had a newer version, so I think I'm good to go.

Update makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

and once the update is installed run the RC scenery update again. This is needed since several fixes to the items have been adopted since the distribution of RC4 by download or CD was put together.

Excellent advice, will comply :)

Lastly, be sure RC is declared safe and excluded from filtering in any virus/security app you are using since it continually accesses FSX once you start it making some security apps think it is a virus and then blocks it. See the pinned topic about this.

All security issues has been resolved. To the best of my knowledge :) :)

Take your time and don't rush start using simple default aircraft and airports to simplify the learning process and soon you'll be able to handle advanced aircraft and situations.

I will Ron. I've already read the manual twice! Well, some topics just got a glance, but I do have the big picture!

I know how to handle two PMDG heavies, MD-11 and the 747-400(F). And I was thinking that my first flight will involve GND(D)-TWR(D)-CTR-APP-TWR(A)-GND(A). With Centre vectoring me onto my enroute track from the terminal area. Then selecting IAP app, flying an instrument approach I know very well. I don't use AI Traffic (performance issue, traded AI for scenery complexity etc), so no congestion issues as I get established on my approach. Handover to TWR, expecting the landing clearance 4-5nm from the THR, should not be too demanding (think I'll check out the Missed Approach segment on my second test flight, to see how it works). But enough said! I need to do the things you have suggested and GET READY FOR THE RC EXPERIENCE!!!

Thank you Ron for your extensive explanation on what I need to do. It is guys like you who make forums an invaluable source of information.

Subsequent questions on RC operation will be posted as a new thread!

Morten Haughom

Vardø, Norway

One more thing for you to consider if you use  terminal procedures with an FMC/GPS guiding your aircarft. It is necessary to insure the FMC waypoints in those procedures match the ones in the plan sent to RC. In addition, the following tip sheet regarding this has a suggestion on how to handle dynamic runway assignments with runway specific SIDs and STARs.

I just updated my PMDG B737 FS9 FMC models and my FSBuild 2.4 planner with updated AIRACs from Aerosoft's Navdata Pro one time subscription. Navigraph also now offers this. This way your flight plan and terminal waypoint FMC data can be in sync.

Finally, be aware that if you have the first departure waypoint within 30 nm RC will expect to navigate on your own to the first waypoint outside of the departure zone of 30 nm. You'll see No Departure Procedure is disabled in this case so no vectors. You will have the choice of altitude restrictions or not. If you do not have a waypoint within this zone then all three options for departure are available.

(This response was delayed several hours because of AVSIM's congestion problems earlier which is why it is in this thread.)