•  

AVSIM NOTAM

Planning in progress for 2nd Annual Tom Allensworth Memorial Flight.  Seeking volunteers to help plan and coordinate and calling all simmers around the world to join in on a fly-in event with your fellow community members.  Please head over to this forum post for more details.

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. Please help us keep it that way and donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time.

Donation Statistics

Total Donation Amount - $231.54
Total Fees - $13.46
Total Goal Amount - $3,000.00

Still Needed - $2,755.00

Photo
- - - - -

The C-17 Download

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

I went to SimAvion to download the c-17, packaged by UKMIL and didn't get any folders after extracting. Not even later with the patch. If there are folders which ones should I be looking for?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 CalCoastFlightSim

CalCoastFlightSim

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

There should be an installer in their somewhere. I don't have my computer right now so I can't tell you what exactly to look for. It threw me off for a little while too haha.

#3 Jim Young

Jim Young

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is this the Area 51 C-17?  You can try doing a search on your computer on the HDD that FSX is installed.  Click on the Start button then type UKMIL then hit enter.  If you get nothing, try C-17.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | Forums Administrator | AVSIM.com
Member AVSIM Board of Directors'

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Add Your Site to the Links Database! | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | Request Support | FAQ's      

My computer specs:  I7 4770K CPU in Turbo Mode 4.2GHz | GTX 780 | 16GB's RAM | Dell UltraSharp 34" Monitor (U3415W) | Dell 24" Monitor | ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard                                                                                                                                                                    

#4 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

I did come across just two folders ,Gauges and Sims Objects, not enough.Haven't found an installer yet.

#5 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Found an installer but nothing.

#6 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hooray! found my mistake. I was disecting everything and putting them in the matching FSX folders. Then I found the installer and installed it on the correct hard drive ( J- External), but not in FSX which is on the same drive. It wasn't until I installed it into FSX directly when it finally worked. Took it for a test flight, super cool. Now on to the next plane. I'm a slow learner but in a few years I should have this down, lol.