Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Little Problem with Video Marshall

Hello Bryan,

I like using the video marshall, but it seems to be locking up FSX when I use it with the Airbus X.

It doesn't lock it up while I'm using it, but a few minutes later FSX will lock and I have to end it with the Task Manager.

If I don't use the Video Marshall, I have no problems.

I'm running FSX in windowed mode (always), so I can't figure why it's giving problems.

I noticed that if I lock the main interface with the LC button, then my Video Marshall interface is also locked after I open it.  I don't think that is the way it is supposed to work.

I can't think of anything that might be causing it to lock that way.  I use Opus software for controling views and usually weather (sometimes I use FSGRW too).

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Have you ever used the Video Marshaller before with the NGX, etc?

Does it only happen if you action a specific command in the Video Marshaller?

Or does simply having the panel open and not pressing any buttons result in this.

Ever had a problem with Windows Media Player?  That's what the Video Marshaller uses to play videos.

Hello Bryan,

I'll try the NGX again to see if it is having any problems.  I wasn't having problems with it before, but maybe Windows Media Player might have updated since I tried it.

I'll look into it closer and let you know for sure.

I can bring up the Video Marsheler and push the button to make it remove the blocks or Gen.  It will work fine, but after I turn it off and finish setting up the Airbus, then taxi to the runway, FSX will lock up.

If I don't use the Video Marsheler at all, It won't lock up, but it doesn't do it while I'm using the VM, it does it a while after I have closed it.