Sign in to follow this  
Lowflyer

FSXPM paintjob manager and importer

Thanks! Let's hope it works out :)

Here's one more version I'd like you to try: https://db.tt/WHKuUiB7

It's the same as the last one but using .NET 4.0 so the functions in interop.shell32.dll is compiled into the .exe file and shouldn't be needed anymore

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Rolf,

I went back to the "original" v 1.2, the version without the shell.dll, and placed the exe right into the fsx folder. It worked!. What I did not tell you was that fsx is installed on another drive. I suspect, therefore, that paintjob manger was not accessing the folder correctly.

When I tried it on my laptop, I have only one drive and had created a "fake" fsx directory with a few textures. When I saw that the only difference between my laptop and my desktop was the location, I decided to try it. It works.

Thank you very much for your help and hopefully you can confirm the drive path location as a possible source of that error.

On a different note, making sure that the "main" plane and texture is not hidden is a bit confusing. I thought I was hiding variations, but in fsx I lost my panels. I had to "unhide" some aircrafts in order to see the panels.  I think this distinction could be make more clear in PJM.

tony

Nice that you got it to work. Could you do just me a favour and try version in the last link I posted?

As for the hide aircraft/variation function, yeah I guess it could be done better. I just never put enough thought into it and since there wasn't much interest in v1.2 I more or less forgot about it and moved on.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Rolf,

Unfortunately, the last download does not work--regardless of folder or path.

At least in my case, it's version 1.2 that I downloaded a few days ago. It works only when it's placed in the FSX folder.

As to popularity, as with all utilities, sometimes people have difficulty finding the utility. I suggest you change the title to  FSX Paint manager instead of 'paintjob'

tony