Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Reviving an old topic... I just want a few airport sceneries from this package, not the whole thing, and no photo scenery. is that possible? thanks

Yes you can use the Norway scenery and no photo scenery,i don't use the photo scenery,i don't like photo scenery..

You use than the FSX under ground or if you have the ORBX under ground.

I have re-worked all the Norway airports with ADEX to the view of to day.

Jan.

Yes you can use the Norway scenery and no photo scenery,i don't use the photo scenery,i don't like photo scenery..

You use than the FSX under ground or if you have the ORBX under ground.

I have re-worked all the Norway airports with ADEX to the view of to day.

Jan.

Thank you. The documentation made it sound as if the photo scenery was required or else! So I was not sure. I am going to add the airport packages and remove all the bgl files from the airports I have like Aerosoft ENGM. I run a lot of AI traffic and OpenLC Europe and like that combination so photoscenery never looks good. Thanks for the help!

Is there an active link to v3.7x please? All I've found has been v3.5... Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Thank you for reviving this thread. I've been a big fan of this scenery but have had a hard time keeping up with all the changes especially with all the Orbx stuff.  Can someone please answer if this is stand alone scenery  or is it meant to be used with FTX Global or FTX Norway.  I don't have either installed but I recall there being Mesh and LC which ORBX also provides so it all gets a bit confusing. There's also also different payware/freeware Mesh and vector packages wich starts to make my head spin.

It would be great is someone could update the installation order for vanilla FSX, P3D v2/3, and FTX regions if needed.

THX

Thank you for reviving this thread. I've been a big fan of this scenery but have had a hard time keeping up with all the changes especially with all the Orbx stuff.  Can someone please answer if this is stand alone scenery  or is it meant to be used with FTX Global or FTX Norway.  I don't have either installed but I recall there being Mesh and LC which ORBX also provides so it all gets a bit confusing. There's also also different payware/freeware Mesh and vector packages wich starts to make my head spin.

It would be great is someone could update the installation order for vanilla FSX, P3D v2/3, and FTX regions if needed.

THX

If you have FTX Norway you only need the airport sceneries.

The other packages (Mesh, NSX III etc.) are for those that don't use FTX Norway, but use default textures or FTX Global textures. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

THX

FlightsimNorway is a great resource (and I think the only one with such a coverage) for everything Norway-related, with a particular focus on Airports of Norway and extras.

It has a dedicated FAQ answering questions similar to yours, specifically re: installation: https://www.flightsimnorway.com/phpmyfaq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=9&id=12&artlang=en

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

I have FTX Norway above Airports of Norway (AON Freeware) and AoN Mesh, but have strange floating building at Bergen (see attached). Should I remove AoN Mesh to resolve even thought it's below FTX Norway?

Any idea as to how to resolve?

FSX-2016-aug-2-001_zpsboprealj.jpg

Thanks

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I have FTX Norway above Airports of Norway (AON Freeware) and AoN Mesh, but have strange floating building at Bergen (see attached). Should I remove AoN Mesh to resolve even thought it's below FTX Norway?

Any idea as to how to resolve?FSX-2016-aug-2-001_zpsboprealj.jpg

Thanks

Stuart

FTX Norway should be BELOW all AoN related entries. You have everything in the wrong order. AoN has to have priority over FTX Norway. I can't remember having any AoN mesh btw but that doesn't make a difference. In the past I had odd things happening everytime I re-activated FTX Norway and I found out it was because of FTX taking priority by default: in FTX Central you can set the insertion point for FTX: put it below AoN and that will prevent the problem in the future.

AoN is, just like FTX addon airports, an addon that has to be on top of FTX.

Thanks Jeroen,

Moved the AoN entries above FTX, and bingo everything is fine. I also deactivated the freeware Europe Mesh while in Norway as I guess the FTX Norway mesh is better, even though it should take preference if higher lod.

Thanks again,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

You're welcome! Glad you've got it working!

I remember the previous versions of AoN (pre-FTX Norway) included Norway Hospitals by Otto Haalands. It's not part of AoN anymore. Does anybody know where I can get Otto's hospitals again?

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec