Sign in to follow this  
joona_

Constant freezing in flight with 777

Same problem here after updating to Sp1b.

Especially on 777-200. just after takoff on climb, FSX freezes. Sound still on, but screen freezes and i have completely shut down computer with ctrl-alt-del.

I am using also Active Sky Next Weather engine

This freezing problem happend only since update to Sp1b.......

Any hint? Solutions?

thank you in advance

Alex

LSZH

This happens in all pmdg aircraft. I'm using windows 7, ASN, ACARS v3, and VPilot. Any pmdg aircraft, it freezes and I have to shutdown fsx and reload it. Intermittently I'm getting a sim connect error, I think I have fixed that, but I'm still getting the freezing. ACARS and FSUIPC are not saving the flights (tried that already).

May I ask something that seems totally unrelated?

What version of the Ops Center do you have?

An old one or the latest version?

Rob Robson

This freezing problem happend only since update to Sp1b.......

that doesn't say much. Most freezes i've seen over the years were based on unstable overclocking.

There is always a stress situation when a freeze occurs first.

I wouldn't start FSX before my system can't withstand a prime95 custom run with 960k FFT (min/max) over at least 12h

todays CPUs are easy to OC but hard to get really stable. So if you are overclocking i'd investigate on that.

I've had the long freezes as well with the 777 and NGX. Mine tend to last a couple seconds to 15 minutes. I won't force shut down because I know it will come back. After setting affinity mask as mentioned in another post I still have the issue. Last night EGLL-KLAX was 11 hours and had 6 9 minutes freezes.

Hi again folks....

I believe my problem is ASN (Active Sky Next) Weather Engine related.

I switched back to REX Weather Engine and for the moment no freezes at all.....

I keep an eye on it and do further tests...

There is an SP1 on the beta testing for ASN....I wait till official version comes out and try again ASN...

Regards

Alex

LSZH

There is an SP1 on the beta testing for ASN....I wait till official version comes out and try again ASN...

You should go for the update even it is beta to proof you're right with your suspicion. (btw i've never seen any weather engine freezing the sim)

Before this patch there was a change to crash ASN due to specific setup in options menu. This is gone with the beta patch.

But even this issues (apphang) did never affect the sim (FSX) itself (at least on my sim, but i use the networked setup on a second pc i just had to start asn again)  

long story short, this beta is worth trying, you can still go back to rex if it doesn't satisfy you.