Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Mouse Dropping FPS

Hey guys! I have decided to make a topic as I have seen in many other thread that people's FPS are dropping when using the mouse. This is also happening to me and when I put my mouse in the top left corner my FPS JUMP! I hope PMDG comes our with a  fix for this. Do you have the same problem? Let us now!

• Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

It's a result of FSX VCs. But, I personally lose 15-25 when the mouse is visible (ouch). Unfortunately, more than any plane I have.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Same for me, only this aircraft out of my whole hanger, can't say I've noticed it on the PMDG 747 either.

Jason Dilley

I lose around 25-50% when the mouse is visible and not in the top left corner (fullscreen). Used to have this with the NGX when it first came out but the SPs fixed it.

Not too much of an issue unless I go to an area with a big airport and lots of AI so that I have lower FPS to begin with.

This is an known FSX issue. It happens with all aircraft but it is much more obvious in detailed VCs.

It is caused (I guess) by FSX calculating the position of the mouse in 3d space so that clickspots can be captured.

You will notice that when you don't move the mouse for I while and the cursor is hidden FPS increase. 

The FPS drop depends on the detail of the VC and the system. I have seen large drops with low end systems and smaller drops with high end systems.

Nothing we can do about this, unless we remove half the clickspots on the VC - you wouldn't like that I guess.

If you are satisfied with your FPS while the mouse is showing, then try to see than not as a FPS drop, but rather as a bonus FPS boost when the mouse stops showing :-)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

I heard that the same thing happened with the NGX and you guys later released a patch that helped.....Is this not true? Will you do the same for the 777? 

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Mhmmmm. How come it doesn't happen in other complex planes? I know that you are going to say that its because there isn't as many clickable spots. Just checking :)

Ummmmm, hadn't noticed this phenomenon before. IN the middle of a flight, VRMM-OMDB, and just tried it. And sure enough, FPS takes a hit. Well, well, well, one learns something new every single day.

It's seems that we don't have luck to get a good 777 in our sim world. All of them have problems! Why??

I hope PMDG will do something for this, in NGX I only have 1-2 frame hit when mouse is visible. I don't yet have the 77, but it's seems that everybody have this mouse problem, 10-12 FPS is a huge impact!!!

• Upvote 1

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

My mouse impact is around 5-6 fps, though today i saw FPS going crazy from 29 down to 11 in VC on one flight. On another flights fps in VC were from 24-29, i have no idea is it FSX, my laptop or somethin else :/

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

It's seems that we don't have luck to get a good 777 in our sim world. All of them have problems! Why??

I hope PMDG will do something for this, in NGX I only have 1-2 frame hit when mouse is visible. I don't yet have the 77, but it's seems that everybody have this mouse problem, 10-12 FPS is a huge impact!!!

Hey, it´s not fair that you say there´s no good 777 out there for FSX. The PMDG T7 is not good, it´s just AMAZING, really, OUTSTANDING....! You like the NGX? You´ll love the T7, trust me. 

But PinkJackal: I have this "mousebug" too, but we all have to deal with this FSX bug! The best way to get rid of ths is to put the curser to the left side of the screen after you clicked on a button etc. 

• Upvote 1

Hey, it´s not fair that you say there´s no good 777 out there for FSX. The PMDG T7 is not good, it´s just AMAZING, really, OUTSTANDING....! You like the NGX? You´ll love the T7, trust me. 

But PinkJackal: I have this "mousebug" too, but we all have to deal with this FSX bug! The best way to get rid of ths is to put the curser to the left side of the screen after you clicked on a button etc. 

I know we have to deal with the mouse problem, but PMDG must correct this problem as in the NGX. I see the problem in the NGX, but with minimal impact 1-2FPS, not 10 or 12 as reported by other users!!! 

• Upvote 1

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I see it, but my laptop is a low performer compared to what most run on. As Michael said, it's an FSX issue unfortunately. 

What do people here not understand?? Its an FSX bug! It happens with every aircraft, just more noticeable on the NGX and 777, or any high end payware. A properly tuned high end system will minimize this. There is nothing PMDG can do! Call Microsoft and complain why they laid off the whole team before they could release a patch for it, it is a flaw deep within FSX that we can get around by putting the cursor in the top left corner.

Alex