Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FTX Central

If I'm flying anywhere in North America I know I can click on "North America", but when do you click on " Global "?

If I'm flying anywhere in North America I know I can click on "North America", but when do you click on " Global "?

If you fly in 'Hybrid' mode from FTX Central you don't have to worry about changing regions as you will get almost the full benefit of the fully featured regions as you fly into them.

I believe the only downside is some slight changes in the autogen look/feel that is hardly noticeable.

If you don't want to use the hybrid mode for any reason then you would have to switch regions just like before Global was released.

Regards,

Daz

• Upvote 1

Hi!

You set FTX Central to Global and tick for hybrid. Then NA will be used as I understood it by the manual. Arrest me if this isnt correct. Hope this was the answer you wanted :).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 CPU Tray 2.6 GHz/4.4 GHz | RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 2666 MHz 16GB | GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 Ghost | HD: Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2 | Skjerm: Samsung 32" Odyssey G5 Curved | OS: Windows 11 Home

If Global is the only thing installed, can you turn it off in FTX Central?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

If Global is the only thing installed, can you turn it off in FTX Central?

If only FTXG is installed, there is no FTX Central ...

ORBX provide an automatic uninstaller via their forum, but no "switch".

If only FTXG is installed, there is no FTX Central ...

Really? When I installed FTX Global, I got an FTX Central app and icon on my desktop. I use it to enable/disable Obrx Trees and Vector Lights. I just can't seem to enable or disable FTX Global with it.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Really? When I installed FTX Global, I got an FTX Central app and icon on my desktop. I use it to enable/disable Obrx Trees and Vector Lights. I just can't seem to enable or disable FTX Global with it.

My bad! The app is there; you just can't switch to 'default' anymore.

If Global is the only thing you have installed then you can't simply "enable or disable" it without uninstalling.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

If Global is the only thing you have installed then you can't simply "enable or disable" it without uninstalling.

That's what i was beginning to conclude. Too bad. Uninstall/reinstall is a real PITA.

That's what i was beginning to conclude. Too bad. Uninstall/reinstall is a real PITA.

As Global is a full terrain texture replacement I guess it would not be feasible to have an instant switch to enable disable as this would mean the copying of hundreds of textures back and forth each time you switched.

Unless (thinking out loud) you had two world scenery folders that could be renamed with the switch - one for default and one for Global.

I don't know if the above is possible, but I like global anyway so it will stay installed on my system.

As Global is a full terrain texture replacement I guess it would not be feasible to have an instant switch to enable disable as this would mean the copying of hundreds of textures back and forth each time you switched.

Unless (thinking out loud) you had two world scenery folders that could be renamed with the switch - one for default and one for Global.

I don't know if the above is possible, but I like global anyway so it will stay installed on my system.

You'r a smart man Daz, you know It is VERY feasible, the reason why you don't have a switch with FTXG and why after installing FTXG the FTX/FSX switch is removed from the FTX panel is obvious.   

You'r a smart man Daz, you know It is VERY feasible, the reason why you don't have a switch with FTXG and why after installing FTXG the FTX/FSX switch is removed from the FTX panel is obvious.   

Maybe feasible was the incorrect word to use.  Would the two World Scenery folder idea work? I don't know.

What I'm trying to say is that if there was a switch it would literally have to restore all of the default textures and then if you went back to global it would have to copy all of the global textures back again. Feasible - yes, but imo if you didn't like global you would remove it anyway and revert to default textures.

As far as I am concerned the global switch in FTX Central (without hybrid mode etc enabled) IS the default switch with it's name changed.

What I'm trying to say is that if there was a switch it would literally have to restore all of the default textures and then if you went back to global it would have to copy all of the global textures back again.

Not to start another battle here, but GEX provides this - swapping all the textures from the backup file takes 20 or 30 seconds. Real simple to enable/disable.

If I was completely happy with FTGX, I probably wouldn't care, but I have a few issues. So switching it in and out would be a real convenience right about now.