Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Pressurisation, that climb rate

I was wondering if there's a way to adjust the rate at which the cabin climbs. Well, the pressure drop of course since I can pull some decent climb rates with the plane itself but the cabin sometimes reaches it's max differential pressure and therefore triggers a warning.

Current workaround. Increase the plane's forward speed, therefore lower the vertical one a bit. Sort of like on the turbine Duke (which has a rate selector though).

But would any of you code folks be able to tweak the cabin rate for the TBM to allow for faster, warning-less, climbouts? The current rate seems to aim for some 500ft/min. Too low! :O

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

Have not found a way - but I did change the initial cabin altitude to correspond to the current

altitude, instead of the  -1200 feet that this airplane likes to start with, and that helps a lot!

(Included in my PFD/MFD mods V5).

Bert

Sorry - been away a while... I actually changed that in the V6 PFD... The rate is now 1500 ft/min.

Bert

Pretty good change! I wonder why they didn't model the rate selection in some way. In the JetProp, there's a dial. I think there are planes where the G1000 handles everything, but Daher-Socata chose that dial and may therefore incorporate a separate menu or that extra knob.

Could be you are operating it wrong. There's a useful video for the Piper PA46 by Dick Rochfort

Don't know about the pressurisation in the TBM specifically, but the absence of a rate adjuster would seem to suggest `set and forget` - set to departure altitude, then don't adjust again until TOC. At TOD set destination alt +500. Leave alone.

That would imply that the red warning is coded incorrectly in this aircraft, normal rules would suggest amber for maximum differential, red for exceedance. 

You are spot on, it differs among the planes. The PA46 works fine and can be manually adjusted (target and rate) whereas the TBM logics are buried in that G1000 code and only the target alt gets set via the dial. But Bert may indeed have fixed it due to pre-setting the higher rate, so you can't outclimb the cabin that easily, if ever.

So, please tell me where I find "V6 PFD" (whatever that is).  Version 6, perhaps?   Anyway, you say you took care of it. Great !!  Now, can you tell me how to get to where that file is located.  Thank you so much !!

Andy Huffman