Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Proper Nvidia Inspector settings wiht DX10 fixer?

Nice of you to inquire JH - thank you - and all is well, but no, I'm not back; one can't recapture the past: people grow; lives change and folks move on to other interests. Too much water under the bridge, I'm afraid.

Steve's Fixer has "fixed" most all of the DX10 issues that existed three years ago, and much of what remains is largely cosmetic. Also there is a large enough knowledgebase here - and on other sites - to help newcomers convert as they wish, and so the demand for whatever skills I may have had are not there any more - but I do like to drop in from time to time!

Anyway - All the Best, :drinks:

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I use DX10 with the paid fixer. If I don't enable FXAA I don't get AA, specially on the aircraft shadows. I still use SweetFX (to make luminosity and colors more realistic, HDR and the like) and I wonder if my NVidia card would do any better using this Inspector...

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I use the DX10 Fixer together with SweetFX and AA via Inspector, works without any (big) issues. I simply turn off all antialiasing related settings within SweetFX and let the Inspector do the job instead. Only little bug I have: as soon as this nasty green infoband appears, the screen flickers shortly by losing the SweetFX colour adaptations and instantly bringing it up again. Minor.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I use the DX10 Fixer together with SweetFX and AA via Inspector, works without any (big) issues. I simply turn off all antialiasing related settings within SweetFX and let the Inspector do the job instead. Only little bug I have: as soon as this nasty green infoband appears, the screen flickers shortly by losing the SweetFX colour adaptations and instantly bringing it up again. Minor.

And your internal AA setting within FSX is not ticked?

Mine is ticked, SweetFX AA options completely disabled and I still have to enable FXAA (NCP) otherwise I won't get any decent AA. The only major issue are the screenshots ("v" command), they tend not to get antialiased, specially aircraft ground shadows.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Hmm, honestly I do not know, as I use the DX10 Fixer for my AA settings within FSX. In the DX10 Fixer, I have selected "2x" antialiasing, this because I use also 2xDSR on my FullHD Monitor (2880x1620 downsampled). In the Inspector, I do not have FXAA ticked, but 2xSGSSAA and some LOD settings, simply as described in the newest release of the DX10 guide. Works perfect.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hmm, honestly I do not know, as I use the DX10 Fixer for my AA settings within FSX. In the DX10 Fixer, I have selected "2x" antialiasing, this because I use also 2xDSR on my FullHD Monitor (2880x1620 downsampled). In the Inspector, I do not have FXAA ticked, but 2xSGSSAA and some LOD settings, simply as described in the newest release of the DX10 guide. Works perfect.

works great for me on FSX:SE was having issues with frame pause so ticked DX10 preview downloaded Dx10 fixer and its put the icing on the cake for FSx:SE.

followed instruction to the letter regarding invidia inspector settings and fsx.cfg tweaks.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/620703493312427489/

To state the obvious is sometimes the simplest solution was for me. I guess people wonder dx10 fix insteam but its there and it works thanks.

Hello, after updating NVidia driver I cannot modify MS Flight Simulator X profile in inspector. I change parameters, but when I press Apply changes button all parameters back to default. Could you help with this please?

Hey,

you should delete the MS Flightsimulator Profile. It is predefined from NVIDIA and there is no way to modify it.

Just delete the Profile and create a new one with all the Settings required for FSX DX10. Then add the FSX.exe to that new profile and make sure you save all via APPLY button.

Matthias

It was Nvidia Experience that caused the issue. I've made clean driver reinstall without it and now it's OK again. Thanks for reply.